The Student Room Group

DO WE HAVE TO WRITE ESSAY FORM? (AQAb)

ok so ive revised everything now, just done my first exam answer on multihazard LA, (my favourite one). i reckon i got about 20-22/25 so was quite pleased. the only thing is i went over by 20mins! and still could of written more. i asked my good old mother's advice and she said you probably dont need to write it so wordy, and could just to use bullet points and subtitles to structure the answers. this would save considerable time and the front of the paper does say "you will be assessed on your ability to use appropriate style and form of writing, to organise relavent information clearly and coherently..."

so do you think well structured bullet points, provided all points are included could acheive same marks as a perfectly written out paragraph which took 3 times as long to do?
Reply 1
No I think you should definetly write in continuos sentances, make sure to link each sentance to the last and with the original question (as much as you can) and cut out any irrelevant information. Also make sure to do a plan, even if it is only 2 minutes as it will save you writing out the same thing twice. I must admit I too find it near impossible to write the essays in the amount of time given, however ggb4 is split into two sections in one of the sections you can probably (the bit that isn't essay writing) write in under half the time.

I personally think they should give you more time but oh well.
Reply 2
*double post* ignore.
Reply 3
Apparently you do get penalised for not writing your essay answers in continuous prose as a few marks of the 25 mark essays go towards quality of written english. However if you're running out of time its probably better to just write all the points you are trying to make in bullet point form so as to get them all down, and just get penalised a few points for english rather than a lot more for content.
Btw, what specific hazard inter-relationships are you using for your LA case study, I've focussed on drought->fires->heavy rain->severe flooding
Reply 4
Rob24601
Apparently you do get penalised for not writing your essay answers in continuous prose as a few marks of the 25 mark essays go towards quality of written english. However if you're running out of time its probably better to just write all the points you are trying to make in bullet point form so as to get them all down, and just get penalised a few points for english rather than a lot more for content.
Btw, what specific hazard inter-relationships are you using for your LA case study, I've focussed on drought->fires->heavy rain->severe flooding

ye i used that. i thought you could write most about a complex linear inter-relationship and the droughts to floods is my favourite.

Latest

Trending

Trending