The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Churches

I've been looking for a good church in Leeds for a long time now. I've tried all the 'studenty' ones, but I don't really like how big they are, and how the students are always separated from the rest of the congregation in everything. I've also tried a few around headingley way, but nothing has been amazing. Does anyone know of a medium size, friendly, maybe a family church that isn't the typical student church?

Halo, is family friendly and it has monday midnight mass great for everyone to enjoy and congregate :smile:

Seriously dudette the best church I know is the University of Leeds Chaplaincy, but you said you dont like the student ones so.... Tried the Cathedral in city?

Peace, please dont take offense from my sense of humour.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
funkypish
I've been looking for a good church in Leeds for a long time now. I've tried all the 'studenty' ones, but I don't really like how big they are, and how the students are always separated from the rest of the congregation in everything. I've also tried a few around headingley way, but nothing has been amazing. Does anyone know of a medium size, friendly, maybe a family church that isn't the typical student church?

I've just accepted Leeds as my firm and with any luck I'll be there this September, so I was just wondering if you found a church in the end that worked for you? Is there a church you'd recommend or a church you'd advise people to avoid?
southpaw.24
I've just accepted Leeds as my firm and with any luck I'll be there this September, so I was just wondering if you found a church in the end that worked for you? Is there a church you'd recommend or a church you'd advise people to avoid?

No Churches to avoid lol, The Uni has one on campus that is very nice peaceful and quiet not flooded with people, though below the prayer areas you have seminar rooms, but I think thats good as it becomes some kind of community with multi purpose.

There is a nice one called St Johns church I think next to the Nuffield which has a crypt I see a few diverse groupings of people attending.

But perhaps the most beautiful is one along and down from the train station, I dont know its name but its near the footbridge toward Clarence dock and its near the Car bridge to Clarence dock, it has a good set of bell ringers a nice cosy chime, seems welcoming and is quiet pretty surroundings.

Latest