The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Nope :p: . We're supposed to learn the courses lectured this term, as well as Complex Methods which we did a bit of just after exams, ready to do supervisions on when we get back, as well as make a start on CATAM, but I am exceedingly unlikely to even remember I have to do this until a week before the start of term :biggrin: .
Reply 41
Mop
Nope :p: . We're supposed to learn the courses lectured this term, as well as Complex Methods which we did a bit of just after exams, ready to do supervisions on when we get back, as well as make a start on CATAM, but I am exceedingly unlikely to even remember I have to do this until a week before the start of term :biggrin: .

as it should be =P
Reply 42
dhutch
My cosin was rejected.
She takes her exams and stuff very serously, certainly alot more so than i do (but them again, she is a girl.

But she took it very well, i wasnt there, but her brothers said that she took it alot better than they expected.
- By the time i talked to her, about a week later she seamed totaly over it.

But it guess there people who dont take it well at all, but be maddness, i'd hate to be regected like that, which is part of the reason i didnt apply (coupled with the fact there are a much beter places for my couse)

Rejection is weird tho. I got "rejected" by warwick.
- After i'd had an offer from loughtbough and nottingham i didnt want to go, so canceled my interveiw, and didnt fill in the "virtual interview", or reply to a letter saying if i didnt reply i woulnd get an offer.
- So i know i would get "rejected", but i didnt want to go so that was fine. But still, even when i got a regection leter, it still felt really weird about it!

Daniel

:eek: What's wrong with Nottingham?? :frown:

Weird I didn't feel weird about my rejection from a course I had thought I wanted to do - perhaps because I'd already subconsciously decided where I'm gonna go before that and have never actually wanted to go to that university :rolleyes: which is erm why it's my insurance? :eek: :frown: (I switched courses from Pathobiology to Fine Art there - rejected due to lack of commitment lol)
Reply 43
Lozza
[i admit, i do like it when someone treats me like a scouse bimbo and then asks me where i'm studying... *evil grin* :biggrin:

*sigh* i can't be snobby, i'm the thicko of my year LOL

Lol yeh being a thicko in my year would be my fear if I'd got into Cambridge - although I'm sure you're not a thicko - you can't be! - you're at Cambridge!

Hehe well at times like that when people treat you like a bimbo, I think they deserve that they get :biggrin: I'd grin too :biggrin: which reminds me of this girl in school - her friend thought she was really really thick and was trying to put her down. So the friend bragged about GCSEs saying oh I got 1 A* what about you? - and the girl was like, 6 :wink:
Reply 44
Everyone thinks Oxbridge is all that matters but you have to remeber that there are hundreds of other universities. When you leave uni its the skills you have gained from your degree not neccesarily the reputation of the place you went to.
Reply 45
There's something different about the feeling that you get after you just had a good exam in Oxford or Cambridge. It's something you don't get anywhere else. It's like doing BMO1 and get above the threshold for round 2 (If you are in round 2, you are in the top 100 in the country.) I'm probably not talking much sense here. But it's just different. It's nothing like doing well in an A'level exam.
Reply 46
My best friend killed herself at Oxford.
Reply 47
Fluffy
My best friend killed herself at Oxford.

Oh my goodness - why? When?

Sorry btw :frown:
Reply 48
irisng
Oh my goodness - why?

Sorry btw :frown:

No one really knows - she didn't leave a note, although she had just been prescribed seroxat...

A bit down, certainly not suicidal.
Reply 49
Camford
There's something different about the feeling that you get after you just had a good exam in Oxford or Cambridge.

Maybe someday I'll find out if this is true :frown: :rolleyes:
It's something you don't get anywhere else. It's like doing BMO1 and get above the threshold for round 2 (If you are in round 2, you are in the top 100 in the country.) I'm probably not talking much sense here. But it's just different. It's nothing like doing well in an A'level exam.

Makes sense to me - I got that good feeling (then got 2/40 in round 2 :biggrin:)

edit: fluffy i'm so sorry :frown:
Reply 50
Bezza

Makes sense to me - I got that good feeling (then got 2/40 in round 2 :biggrin:)

Ooh what did you get for BMO1?

I'm aiming for round 2 this year!
Reply 51
~Raphael~
Ooh what did you get for BMO1?

I'm aiming for round 2 this year!

I can't remember - it was enough to win me a book though! I think I got 2 questions right out and then some of the other bits. It was quite depressing to meet a guy that evening from another school who'd done it and said he was a bit annoyed as he'd only finished it completely about 45 minutes early :frown: he did get an unconditional to trinity, cambridge though :rolleyes:
Reply 52
Bezza

I got 10/50 for BMO1 last year. could have easily been 30/50. :frown: never mind. I got a my book for the year before 20/50.

Raph, starting doing tough stuff now! You know you want to come to Trinity for Easter vacation :biggrin::wink:.
Reply 53
He wasn't called Paul by any chance lol
Reply 54
I'll try Camfo! I want a book too :frown:
Reply 55
Camford
I got 10/50 for BMO1 last year. could have easily been 30/50. :frown: never mind. I got a my book for the year before 20/50.

Raph, starting doing tough stuff now! You know you want to come to Trinity for Easter vacation :biggrin::wink:.

the books a bit rubbish to be honest - quite a lot of it's really basic
~Raphael~
He wasn't called Paul by any chance lol
How did you guess? :rolleyes: It sucked big time - we were against his school for an inter school maths competition thing (geek I know!), 1 person from each year of 6th form, 1 from years 10 & 11, 1 from years 7-9. Putting me against him was a long way from fair :frown:
Reply 56
Bezza
I can't remember - it was enough to win me a book though! I think I got 2 questions right out and then some of the other bits. It was quite depressing to meet a guy that evening from another school who'd done it and said he was a bit annoyed as he'd only finished it completely about 45 minutes early :frown: he did get an unconditional to trinity, cambridge though :rolleyes:

Last year's paper was easy. The year before was harder. I screwed up on the q2, miss read it, lost all marks for it. Couldn't do q1 for some reason. Boil down to it, my algebra was a shamble on the day. Managed 8 marks for q3. Q4 was easy, but only realised the solution 2 days after the exam. q5 was hard, but not that hard. I still couldn't do it. Although, I reckon I stand a better chance now that I've done some proper number theory.
Reply 57
Bezza
How did you guess? :rolleyes: It sucked big time - we were against his school for an inter school maths competition thing (geek I know!), 1 person from each year of 6th form, 1 from years 10 & 11, 1 from years 7-9. Putting me against him was a long way from fair :frown:

Paul Jefferys? I'd resign before the game even started.
Reply 58
Bezza

What IS the book, btw?

hehe poor Bezza :p:
Reply 59
Camford
Paul Jefferys? I'd resign before the game even started.

NAh, I'd just have him killed before the comp...Does he have any allergies?

Latest

Trending

Trending