The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

irisng
Hehe well at times like that when people treat you like a bimbo, I think they deserve that they get :biggrin: I'd grin too :biggrin: which reminds me of this girl in school - her friend thought she was really really thick and was trying to put her down. So the friend bragged about GCSEs saying oh I got 1 A* what about you? - and the girl was like, 6 :wink:

Lol, good for her! :smile:
Reply 61
~Raphael~
NAh, I'd just have him killed before the comp...Does he have any allergies?

Don't know. I've never seen him before. He's arround somewhere. My mathsmo friends might know where he is.
Reply 62
Why are you all writing about maths at trinity in a suicide thread? :confused: :rolleyes:
Reply 63
Camford
It's like doing BMO1 and get above the threshold for round 2 (If you are in round 2, you are in the top 100 in the country.) I'm probably not talking much sense here. But it's just different. It's nothing like doing well in an A'level exam.

I know what you mean, it´s like doing STEP and solving 4 questions perfectly in 3 hours. However you need something like top 50 to get to Trinity :wink:

Realizing that ... I just made myself feel bad :frown: Mhh .. suicide is painless ... or how that song went.
Reply 64
There's nothing particularly special about most Trinity mathmos, bar their lesser social skills and bizarre desire to sit at the front in lectures of course :p: .
Reply 65
Mop
There's nothing particularly special about most Trinity mathmos, bar their lesser social skills and bizarre desire to sit at the front in lectures of course :p: .

It's not just mathsmos from Trinity do that. NatScis from Trinity do that too.
anybody who even thinks about killing themselves just because they did not get into an oxbridge uni needed to get over themselves. i love both of the cities and i think they are two of the most beautiful cities in the world but the unis are full of snobs who think that they are so important that the world revolves around them and owes them a favour. (Well from those i've spoken to on here, i'm sure they can't be all like that)
Reply 67
irisng
Lol yeh being a thicko in my year would be my fear if I'd got into Cambridge - although I'm sure you're not a thicko - you can't be! - you're at Cambridge!

Hehe well at times like that when people treat you like a bimbo, I think they deserve that they get :biggrin: I'd grin too :biggrin: which reminds me of this girl in school - her friend thought she was really really thick and was trying to put her down. So the friend bragged about GCSEs saying oh I got 1 A* what about you? - and the girl was like, 6 :wink:

i'm very very lazy.

i love it when people try to appear more intelligent than me. i have "perfect" grades. obviously i don't do it with people from cam because you have nothing to prove and they don't put you down (although some are surprised i'm a natsci). it's the same for some of my friends.
Reply 68
lol why are they surprised you're a natsci? :eek:
Reply 69
puppy
All these people saying they're glad they didn't get in- why did you apply if that was the case? If there're better courses elsewhere then why apply to one you don't like?

that's unfair. these people probably would have been very happy to go to cambridge, but their not, so they've learnt to deal with it. if it's made them reassess their chosen uni and course, and they've discovered that cam or ox wasn't the place for them afterall, what's the harm in that?

it is possible to have an excellent uni education, social life and attend a prestigious university without going to oxbridge you know :wink: .
Reply 70
ant87
that's unfair. these people probably would have been very happy to go to cambridge, but their not, so they've learnt to deal with it. if it's made them reassess their chosen uni and course, and they've discovered that cam or ox wasn't the place for them afterall, what's the harm in that?

it is possible to have an excellent uni education, social life and attend a prestigious university without going to oxbridge you know :wink: .

What? I was just asking the question. I'm interested as to why someone would apply there if they didn't think it was for them, or why they subsequently decided it wasn't for them. I think it's a perfectly fair question in the context of the thread. I never said you couldn't have a decent education elsewhere and I'm very sure people at unis other than oxbridge have much better social lives.
Reply 71
In my school about 45 didn't get accepted and they are all alive ... for now :smile:

I strongly doubt anyone would be so insecure as to kill himself because of this. At most a night of heavy drinking with friends, but if an Oxbridge rejection would drive you to suicide, there is a sliiiightly bigger problem for you to think about than that blotch on your CV.
Reply 72
Wagamuffin
In my school about 45 didn't get accepted and they are all alive ... for now :smile:

I strongly doubt anyone would be so insecure as to kill himself because of this. At most a night of heavy drinking with friends, but if an Oxbridge rejection would drive you to suicide, there is a sliiiightly bigger problem for you to think about than that blotch on your CV.

Yes - you're dead
Reply 73
puppy
What? I was just asking the question. I'm interested as to why someone would apply there if they didn't think it was for them, or why they subsequently decided it wasn't for them. I think it's a perfectly fair question in the context of the thread. I never said you couldn't have a decent education elsewhere and I'm very sure people at unis other than oxbridge have much better social lives.

When i applied to Cambridge i never really did think it was for me, yet i still applied because my school had faith in me and of course i would have gone if i had gotten in. I think i would have been stupid not to go, what with the opportunities it would have opened up for me. I was rejected, and i was expecting it, but i wasn't really that upset, more disappointed. I felt that there were better courses and a better social atmosphere for me at other universities. The reason why i'm happy to not go to CAmbridge and i feel Nottingham was a better choice for me was because i actually do prefer the course and the nightlife, societies etc. The reason i applied to Cambridge in the first place was because of what it could do to my future life, not necessarily because I wanted to go to Cambridge. I hope that answers your question. xx
Reply 74
PhilipGarsed
Yes - you're dead

That's not the easiest thing to think about, admittedly.
As someone said, it wouldn't just be the rejection that could cause someone to go that far. They'd have had some other difficulties and the rejection could just be the final straw/trigger. I wouldn't think they were sad, more troubled. I doubt whether anyone in normal circumstances would do it because of a rejection.
Reply 76
I was in stitches reading the thread tile just now - have a look at the thread name, first poster and most recent poster lol :biggrin:
:smile: Heh.
Reply 78
Damn, what a coincidence.
Reply 79
now the exams are over, would suicide be a good enough excuse for not getting the grades for those who couldn't revise?

Latest

Trending

Trending