The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Oh well, we're in now so i couldn't care particularly!
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Why is that surprising? If the Warwick Chancellor had his way it would only have international students paying £12,00-15,000 a year anyway. No need for low paying EU students when other people are prepared to pay that.

For the Freshers; Welcome to Warwick University, PLC.
Reply 3
Secret: All universities want more money.
Reply 4
Cj-Tj
Why is that surprising? If the Warwick Chancellor had his way it would only have international students paying £12,00-15,000 a year anyway. No need for low paying EU students when other people are prepared to pay that.

:rofl:
Reply 5
I'm guessing you haven't read this? :p:
Reply 6
Hold the front page: top university in 'we actually want the funds to be able to maintain our reputation and independence and support our groundbreaking research rather than being ever reliant on handouts from an anti-intellectual government that thinks training and education are the same thing and expects universities to admit unprepared students to make up for the glaring deficiencies of thirteen years of state education' shocker!
I wouldn't mind paying more money if teaching standards were maintained at the highest level and kept on improving, would you?
I wouldn't want teaching standards to slip.
Reply 8
We've advanced so much from the Thatcher philosophy on University, which was that it was purely for the wealthy. If fees continue to rise - then that is exactly what will happen again.
Reply 9
DomBres
We've advanced so much from the Thatcher philosophy on University, which was that it was purely for the wealthy. If fees continue to rise - then that is exactly what will happen again.

Doesn't take long for the "if it wasn't for Thatcher" quotes to roll out. If it wasn't for her 'philosophy' then Britain may still be bankrupt, held to hostage by the trade unions, and no one from the lower middle and working class could have gone to university.
Reply 10
Cj-Tj

Actually they get the same fees for both. It's just that for home/EU students the bulk of that money comes from the govt instead of the student.

It's an expensive game this HE malarky!

Latest