Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Bleeding from the backside

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on

Hi need some advice please. This is completely genuine so please can someone take this seriously.

Basically over the last few months I've noticed small amounts of blood after taking a dump. It has worried me but I really don't want a physical examination. It happens about 3-5 times a week. I generally have pains in my lower abdomen where it's tender to touch on most days.

Now I'm not completely sure whether this is definitely connected but three days ago I visited the ladies and I was horrified to see that I'd literally crapped out blood, to put a measure on it I'd say it was enough to cover at least half the bottom of the toilet. It was darkish red but not too dark- kinda like when you give blood for a blood test. Ok so later I when I went again, same thing happened except not as much. The rest of the day passed relatively normal, except me scared to death of sleeping and not waking up and being scared evey time I went to the toilet. Next day though the same thing happened and also I passed clear liquid.

Since then I've been ok except having diarrhea and a bloated and sore stomach. I'm definitely not on my period and having eaten anything red in colour/ changed eating habits recently. I jjust wanted to know if anyone has experienced the same and if it will go away. Also if I was to go to the doc will I have to have a physical examination/ have something stuck up my ******** because I really really don't want that. Does anyone know if it could be checked with blood tests or something else?

This is completely genuine, I'm going back to uni and my doctor is there so won't be able to be seen until the end of the week but if anyone could help that'd really be appreciated right now. As I haven't seen blood the last day I feel bit more relaxed about ignoring it but I need some peace of mind. I'd happily see a doc if it wasn't for me stripping and being prodded putting me off. If anyone might know whats going on I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

x
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I can't give advice on what it is but surely stripping at the doctors would be better than potential death???

I've had my testicles examined by a group of students and believe me, it was worth it in the end to cure me.

Please get checked out.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    They might check to see if you have anal fissures I guess... I don't know. You would need to provide a stool sample though

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi need some advice please. This is completely genuine so please can someone take this seriously.

Basically over the last few months I've noticed small amounts of blood after taking a dump. It has worried me but I really don't want a physical examination. It happens about 3-5 times a week. I generally have pains in my lower abdomen where it's tender to touch on most days.

Now I'm not completely sure whether this is definitely connected but three days ago I visited the ladies and I was horrified to see that I'd literally crapped out blood, to put a measure on it I'd say it was enough to cover at least half the bottom of the toilet. It was darkish red but not too dark- kinda like when you give blood for a blood test. Ok so later I when I went again, same thing happened except not as much. The rest of the day passed relatively normal, except me scared to death of sleeping and not waking up and being scared evey time I went to the toilet. Next day though the same thing happened and also I passed clear liquid.

Since then I've been ok except having diarrhea and a bloated and sore stomach. I'm definitely not on my period and having eaten anything red in colour/ changed eating habits recently. I jjust wanted to know if anyone has experienced the same and if it will go away. Also if I was to go to the doc will I have to have a physical examination/ have something stuck up my ******** because I really really don't want that. Does anyone know if it could be checked with blood tests or something else?

This is completely genuine, I'm going back to uni and my doctor is there so won't be able to be seen until the end of the week but if anyone could help that'd really be appreciated right now. As I haven't seen blood the last day I feel bit more relaxed about ignoring it but I need some peace of mind. I'd happily see a doc if it wasn't for me stripping and being prodded putting me off. If anyone might know whats going on I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

x
    hey listen when u have a dump dont stick ur finger in ur ******** when u clean it because then i guess it touches a tissue and ur blood comes when u wash after u take a dump do it gently
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Bleeding from the rectum is very common, so you shouldn't feel ashamed about going to the GP about it, they will have seen it many, many times. It's probably an anal fissure, which isn't serious but can end up being painful if not dealt with properly.

If I'm going to be blunt, you will see a doctor whether you like it or not, because you know it's what you must do, and the earlier you do it, the smaller the chance of further complications.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Definitely get to a doctor; rather have to have them check it once then be down there all the time meddling if something went very wrong suddenly.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Aww i understand your embarrassment over the issue completely because i had the same symptoms 5 years ago (the clear liquid i'm assuming is muscus?). And the huge amounts of blood can seem terrifying but it's not as bad as you imagine, just seems like a ridiculous ammount because it something your not used to seeing. I put off going to the doctor for months because i was too embarrassed but seriously do nooot do that! Turned out to not be embarrassing in the slightest, they see it every day!

They will most likely check you out yeah but it's worth it to be better. Don't worry about it, they make it as easy as possible trust me.

I've just been investigated for this. You need to get it seen to. It could be very serious.

I had blood tests, stool test, and a colonoscopy.

You get used to having stuff up your arse quite quickly. It's not that embarrassing.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just bite the bullet and see the doctor. No one on the internet can diagnose you so you really have no choice. It's probably something pretty harmless but it's worth getting it checked out. They've seen it all before, really.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh and you don't need to put it off until you get back to uni. You can just go into a surgery locally and sign up, even as a temporary patient, I think. If you actually have a health problem they won't turn you away, and if they can't see you they will direct you to someone who can. If you get lots of bleeding again you should probably go to A&E.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    see a doctor, someone i know had the same and it turned out to be bowel cancer
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leeming)
    see a doctor, someone i know had the same and it turned out to be bowel cancer
    Nothing like being reassuring :rolleyes:

Worth going to your GP though OP
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Eat more fibre.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I would suggest you book an urgent appointment with your GP, if they are fully booked consider going to A&E if it continues.
    Expect blood tests and maybe a finger up your backside and maybe further investigation.

Stop taking any tablets/medication, don't drink alcohol too.

Get seen to-don't leave it.
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Thanks in advance

x
    I would put my money on ulcerative colitis. NB: this is not a diagnosis.

Basically, you need to go see your doctor (surprise surprise!), where they will take a good history, examine your tummy and will almost certainly do a rectal examination and some blood tests. Easy for me to say, but it is only a few minutes of minor discomfort.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by digitalis)
    I would put my money on ulcerative colitis. NB: this is not a diagnosis.
    Yeah, i forgot to say in my earlier post, this is what it turned out to be OP.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 23, 2009
New on TSR

Which unis are the poshest?

See what students perceive to be the classiest establishments in Britain

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.