The Student Room Group

higher admin

Its so BORING
But its so easy I think I can get an A

just wondering is anyone else doing the subjects
I did it the year before last. It is easy in theory but in practice it is pretty difficult because of how boring it is. I got 30% in the first prelim and was only allowed to continue the course after lots of negotiation with the head of department. In the second prelim I got 40% and resigned myself to the fact that I was going to fail the final exam so I did not revise at all. Did the exam felt it went crap and ended up with an A. It just shows that the subject can be passed with little/no effort.
Good luck with it though.
Reply 2
moonshine_1991
I did it the year before last. It is easy in theory but in practice it is pretty difficult because of how boring it is. I got 30% in the first prelim and was only allowed to continue the course after lots of negotiation with the head of department. In the second prelim I got 40% and resigned myself to the fact that I was going to fail the final exam so I did not revise at all. Did the exam felt it went crap and ended up with an A. It just shows that the subject can be passed with little/no effort.
Good luck with it though.

well done on the A (:
My teacher told us evryone in the class last year did terrible in the written paper, she also told us we aren't allowed to use the same words that are in the question in the answer , which doesn't make any scenes to me :frown:
Reply 3
thanks for clearing that up
Reply 4
holy i hated higher admin. did SG and thought i'd do higher as it was easy. very difficult to study, did shocking in 1st and 2nd prelims, then got an A in the final exam. how i managed that i'll never know :s-smilie:
Reply 5
I agree it looks really hard to study , their aren't any how to pass higher admin books and no revision sites :/
stefany-a
I agree it looks really hard to study , their aren't any how to pass higher admin books and no revision sites :/

there are leckie and leckie books.

And yea, the subject is the driest and most boring thing I've ever done at school. Had no choice with the way the columns ended up though. I'll suffer but I'll get there eventually. Really want to drop it and concentrate on my AHs tbh.
Reply 7
Wow I toatally agree with it being boring...

I did higher business man last year, got a B in final exam. I'm in 6th year now n I needed a subject so I though admin cause it would be similar to business but easier.. It's so boring... Why would I want to know what office layouts to use!!!

Anyway, I have higher prelim today.. I think A's in finals are because of the combination of practical n theory? Dunno bout you guys but at my school we do a practical part aswell... Which will be easy for me because I do higher info systems and computing, so will be a walk in the park by comparison...

Thanks
Reply 8
Ape Gone Insane

Q) Explain 4 advantages of a sole trader

A) There can be many benefits of being a sole trader;

Just testing my knowledge ahead of prelim this week.:smile:

All profits kept by owner
Easy to set up
Owner has complete control of all decisions
Owners can choose working hours/ holidays.:biggrin:
Reply 9
Original post by stefany-a
Its so BORING
But its so easy I think I can get an A

just wondering is anyone else doing the subjects

Do you remember any questions where u had to write advantage and disadvantage
Did the exam today

It was horrible. I had revised a lot, but I ended up leaving a lot of marks out. I think the most I can get is 31 marks. I mean, as long as I get at least 28 marks in the theory and over 90% in the assignment, which I hopefully have, I should get an A. I personally, hated the subject. I hated going into admin and it was my worst subject, as I am personally better at my sciences. I advise that if your, going to take it, take it in S6, cause it doesn't really matter, whereas if you take it in S5 or S4, like myself, it kinda matters more.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending