The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Driving lessons in Leicester . . .

Hey folks.

I was just wondering if any of you peeps on the Leicester forum knows anything about driving lessons in the city . . . ?

Because I've been doing lessons on and off since I turned 17, and I'm nearly 20, and its been really starting to get to me that I haven't passed yet. So I'd like to continue driving at Uni and suprise my folks when I eventually pass :smile:

Have any of you (or do you know anyone) who has learnt to drive while at Uni?
And are lessons at a good rate, 'cause we be students?

Any feedback is really appreciated. :smile:

Steph x
I think a few places offer student discounts in the form of offers, where if you book and pay in advance for 10 driving lessons you can get it for like £20 cheaper than you would if you paid by the lesson or something.

Although I had a friend who did lessons in Leicester and they said its a horrible place to learn to drive. I had already passed my test long before coming to leicester, and the roads are a bit weird there compared to what I am used to in London, but I dont personally think they are or would be too problematic for a new driver.
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
I learned to drive in Leicester, although not while at university. I didn't have a problem with the roads (although it did take me 5 goes to pass!!). I would think that only bigger chains of driving schools would offer student discount, but maybe more independent instructors in the city centre are willing to give the discount.
Reply 3
timetokill
Although I had a friend who did lessons in Leicester and they said its a horrible place to learn to drive. I had already passed my test long before coming to leicester, and the roads are a bit weird there compared to what I am used to in London, but I dont personally think they are or would be too problematic for a new driver.

I drove around Leicester for a bit for an open day and yes it is very different to what I was used to, however easier I found. I learn't to drive in Cambridge and that is a horrible place to drive. Bikes everywhere, tiny streets with blind turns.

Good luck with passing your test
Reply 4
stephyrose23
Hey folks.

I was just wondering if any of you peeps on the Leicester forum knows anything about driving lessons in the city . . . ?

Because I've been doing lessons on and off since I turned 17, and I'm nearly 20, and its been really starting to get to me that I haven't passed yet. So I'd like to continue driving at Uni and suprise my folks when I eventually pass :smile:

Have any of you (or do you know anyone) who has learnt to drive while at Uni?
And are lessons at a good rate, 'cause we be students?

Any feedback is really appreciated. :smile:

Steph x

ermm not really related.. but honestly you don't need to drive when your at university, ive just started uni a few days ago and brought my car along, i have used it twice to go home and pick some stuff up, and the rest of the time it is parked on the road.. it really is much easier to walk or get the bus!
I have no need anymore; I passed yesterday :awesome:
Reply 6
ChunkymunkyDJC
I have no need anymore; I passed yesterday :awesome:

gratz!
Reply 7
Congrats! I will miss driving when I am at Uni, at least when I finish my insurance will be right down.
Reply 8
i'll probably learn to drive at leicester as well, to escape driving around cambridge. so if you see a bright orange bsm car causing mayhem, it'll be me...good luck with lessons!
Reply 9
anandv05
ermm not really related.. but honestly you don't need to drive when your at university, ive just started uni a few days ago and brought my car along, i have used it twice to go home and pick some stuff up, and the rest of the time it is parked on the road.. it really is much easier to walk or get the bus!

I don't want to pass my test so I can drive at Uni, I just want to be able to learn to drive and pass by next summer.

I'm gonna try and kill to birds with one stone. :smile:

Thanks for the feedback peeps. And if your gonna be in Leicester next year - stay away from the roads! :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending