The Student Room Group

Pharmacology background reading?

I'm supposed to read around my subject, and I'd like to talk about a book or something that's to do with pharmacology. Did anyone else have this problem? If I was doing neuroscience it would be a different story, I could read My Stroke of Insight, about a stroke victim. If I read up on AIDs, or the problem of MRSA, would that be okay?

League tables are very confusing and don't even give a general view as they are so conflicting. Eg Robert Gordon and Strathclyde come really high in one list, what do you think? I'm hopefully applying to UCL, King's CL, Bristol, Edinburgh and Bath.
Reply 1
I actually don't know if there is any that exactly fit your catagory...

BUT these might be helpful as they are definitely the sort of thing you might want to read:

1) The Chemistry of Mind-Altering Drugs: History, Pharmacology, and Cultural Context

2) Must more historical (if you are interested) Drugs on Trial: Experimental Pharmacology and Therapeutic Innovation in the Eighteenth Century: 53 (Clio Medica/Wellcome Institute Series in the History of Medicine)

I hope they might help!
I've ordered them both, thanks :smile: I've also found an article to write about from New Scientist to put in there. Cheers a lot xxxx

Latest

Trending

Trending