The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

This reminded me of this story in the metro: Daylight shrubbery - neighbour 'steals' couple's garden
Reply 2
One of my friend's flatmates had her flat broken into. It was kind of weird because they stole nothing; they used her toilet, closed the curtains and, from what she could tell, napped in her bed. Her ipod and laptop were left untouched. Weird world.
How weird is that! It is just so unexpected!

My friend got her door frame stolen, she was storing it in the garden as it was due to be installed the next day and it was gone when they came to do it. My brother got some designer jeans stolen off his washing line, although I've been OK so far.

It's awful really. How can people steal and not even feel bad.
Reply 4
balloon_parade
How weird is that! It is just so unexpected!

My friend got her door frame stolen, she was storing it in the garden as it was due to be installed the next day and it was gone when they came to do it and my brother got some designer jeans stolen off his washing line.

It's awful really. How can people steal and not even feel bad.

I'm so paranoid about that happening to me, I literally eye up my washing as it dries. :ahee:
its not that weird, lol

did you have york stones or something? (the ones that cost 60 quid odd a slab)
Wow, what a surreal thing to steal. Someone once broke open a £50 ornate light fixture on the front of my parents' house in order to steal a 50p lightbulb
Kevin J
I'm so paranoid about that happening to me, I literally eye up my washing as it dries. :ahee:

He actually bought a drier because of it! What is the world coming to if you can't even hang your washing on the line to dry. :sigh:
A plant pot with a tree in it - like WTF it was like £20 for the pot and tree. Oh yeah and my plastic wheels trims on a Ka like i hated them so what would anyone see the need to nick them for and they had been curbed to hell and back
Reply 9
At a festival someone went through our tent and stole... a pack of twixes! Surprising considering we had plenty of other stuff in the tent like chairs and even a purse with credit cards in!
Reply 10
Mard
At a festival someone went through our tent and stole... a pack of twixes! Surprising considering we had plenty of other stuff in the tent like chairs and even a purse with credit cards in!

Someone was hungry :p: .
Reply 11
Burglars broke into my parents house when they were younger and stole two fake rolexes.

Idiots.
We had a couple old rabbit runs (made by my dad) nicked from the back of the house. We assumed they'd been taken for a bonfire or something, so it was wierd when they then miraculously reappeared in our garden. What, our wood wasn't good enough for you?

Luckily, we now have big gates so people can't get in.
Reply 13
oh lol at some of the above. and yeah we did have york paving flags, original ones that till now had been sat there as long as the house. now we just have mud lol
My house got broken into a few months ago, they unplugged the TV, our laptops/computers and the router... but they didn't steal anything.

No idea what they were doing tbh.
Reply 15
Clubber Lang
its not that weird, lol

did you have york stones or something? (the ones that cost 60 quid odd a slab)

yeah just unexpected lol.
oo_Lucinda_oo
My house got broken into a few months ago, they unplugged the TV, our laptops/computers and the router... but they didn't steal anything.

the green police!

making sure nothing on standby wasting electricity! :biggrin:
manderton
the green police!

making sure nothing on standby wasting electricity! :biggrin:

LOL I hadn't thought of that, I really hope that's true! XD
Reply 18
oo_Lucinda_oo

haha thats sooooo weird
We had our clock stolen once and then returned.

Latest

Trending

Trending