The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Rucklo
Erm i'm a black belt in sankukai karate, purple in judo and done some thai boxing. Iv'e had fights with groups of 3-4 before.

Just because i take the time so i can defend myself in those situations why should I be stopped from doing that because of people who back down?

Good for you, sunshine. Want a medal, or maybe a shiny gold star?
Reply 41
Sh4w
Yeah alright, hero.

I really don't see how that massive danger is worth risking just for not losing your phone and wallet. If they're unarmed, then sure. But if they've got a weapon there's a very real chance you'll come to serious harm, and i don't see how your pride is more important than that.

Not really, in my martial art's training i've been taught methords in how to disarm people with knives etc. Sure it wouldn't work 100% of the time.

When 4 chav's stole my mates phone I went over to them and that ended up in a fight. You will find when you deck one of them the rest soon don't want to get involved.
Reply 42
People that carry weapons, are more likely to have them used against themselves.
Reply 43
FiveFiveSix
Good for you, sunshine. Want a medal, or maybe a shiny gold star?

I am sorry you lack the ability to take part's of a post in context to what it is being said about.
Rucklo
I am sorry you lack the ability to take part's of a post in context to what it is being said about.

Stourbridge ftw.

I went to your college too. :gangster:
Bubbles*de*Milo
Well they'll have knives anyway cause theyre idiots. This way you get to be like bitch plz :hand:

I reckon crime will go down cause if everyone's got a knife, no one would attack you.

I've thought the same things at some point, but then i remember America and how they're aloud to own guns...It's not helping much over there in terms of crime. :rolleyes:

I definitely understand where you're coming from in terms of innocent people being completely defenceless though.
Sh4w
Yeah alright, hero.

I really don't see how that massive danger is worth risking just for not losing your phone and wallet. If they're unarmed, then sure. But if they've got a weapon there's a very real chance you'll come to serious harm, and i don't see how your pride is more important than that.

somebody in this thread is obviously thinking straight :P If they're unarmed, there's only so much damage that they can potentially do to you, and there's nothing more satisfying than kicking the ass of a snotty nosed "wannabe gangsta". IF they have a weapon though, it simply isn't worth the risk...
Why should I be prosecuted for carrying a knife if I don't harm anyone with it?

you're more likely to stab some1 stats speaking than if u dont carry one..

and its cowardly.
FiveFiveSix
Well, technically speaking, carrying a knife isn't illegal. Carrying one over 3 inches and/or with a locking blade, without a reason to be carrying it, is.

Then you understand my point, and I think we're both coming from roughly the same point of view. To be stopped and searched *generally* you have to have done something to draw attention to yourself. So the majority of the time, the application of the law is correct. I think it's necessary to accept a relatively insignificant intrusion on ones freedom in order to uphold a greater good.
spex
People that carry weapons, are more likely to have them used against themselves.

Well ofcourse - if I don't have a knife there 0% chance of it being used on me, and if I have one there's always going to be a chance..

But then there's also much more chance of now being mugged so..
nom?
Reply 51
spex

wheres your logic for this
Rucklo

If your hand to gland hand combat skills are as good as your posts are terribly constructed, I'm sure you make a fierce opponent.
Reply 53
yea but by having a weapon you are giving the criminals withut weapons a chance to gain weapons. and seriously knife or no knife unless you're trained you will still get owned by a 6'2 man mountain.

And no i owuldn't carry a weapon because i would probably use it and i wouldn't stab blindly, go for the throat.
Reply 54
Rucklo
Not really, in my martial art's training i've been taught methords in how to disarm people with knives etc. Sure it wouldn't work 100% of the time.

When 4 chav's stole my mates phone I went over to them and that ended up in a fight. You will find when you deck one of them the rest soon don't want to get involved.

Well you've got a real problem if it doesn't work, not to mention if there's more than one of them. I believe that you have this training etc. but I doubt you would actually be confident, unarmed, facing 3 blokes with knives.

And with those 4 chavs, it depends. Yeah, you get the pussy wannabe chavs that back off when you hit one of them but it's certainly not always the case.
Reply 55
FiveFiveSix
If your hand to gl hand combat skills are as good as your posts are terribly constructed, I'm sure you make a fierce opponent.

I'm dyslexic, whats your excuse?
Reply 56
Sh4w
Well you've got a real problem if it doesn't work, not to mention if there's more than one of them. I believe that you have this training etc. but I doubt you would actually be confident, unarmed, facing 3 blokes with knives.

And with those 4 chavs, it depends. Yeah, you get the pussy wannabe chavs that back off when you hit one of them but it's certainly not always the case.

There's a difference between 1 person and many.

If there was 3 with knives and one went for me i would block it and run faster than Bolt. However if there was 1 i think ( I don't know because not been in the situation.) I would want to try put up a fight.

And yup if it didn't work it would be goodbye life. However i don't believe I should give these people the idea they can go around with a knife and everyone will back down.
Gypsy King
Then you understand my point, and I think we're both coming from roughly the same point of view. To be stopped and searched *generally* you have to have done something to draw attention to yourself. So the majority of the time, the application of the law is correct. I think it's necessary to accept a relatively insignificant intrusion on ones freedom in order to uphold a greater good.

:five:

Aye, fair point. This is where others will jump in with 'a society that trades security for freedom deserves neither', which I agree with up to a point, but in reality it's not quite so clear-cut (no pun intended!)
Reply 58
Rucklo
Oh no the chance I could fight back?

How awful is that.

Hey feel free to fight back it's your death sentence. idiot.

Most of the people who die from muggings resist.

If someone wants your wallet not your life give it to them, most muggers do not want to cause you harm they just want your possesions if your phone means that much to you then go for it but personally i would rather give up my wallet and phone than be stabbed to death, if they were going to hurt you they would stab you first and loot the corpse.

And if you have a knife up against you how do you intend to draw your knife and stab before he has sunk his knife in you up to the hilt?

No expert here but if his knife is already against you you have about a 5% chance of winning and in a knife fight no one leaves uninjured.
Rucklo
I'm dyslexic, whats your excuse?

I don't need one. I've got a black belt in grammar, a 2nd Dan in spelling, and I train regularly at the vocabulary Dojo.

Latest

Trending

Trending