The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yep. If you get beeped by a car full of chavs, don't call them ******* if you don't want to get followed.
Reply 2
If you're complaining about getting beeped a lot... are you the danger?
It shakes me up too. The one almost always happening to me is day dreaming at traffic lights then they BEEP me out of my dream tsk!
Reply 4
Steeps

Exactly, it's never happened to me.

Actually I lie, it happened once just after I'd passed my test, when I was at the front of a queue at traffic lights, and it was one of those sets where the left turn goes green while the straight ahead and right turn stays red. I was turning left, but didn't notice the change because it didn't go amber first, and got beeped at from behind :frown:
Reply 5
Steeps

I've never been beeped at for nearly hitting or car or anything like that. I was beeped at last night for waiting too long to emerge, what the hell was I supposed to do? it wasn't clear enough for me to go, yet the idiot behind me was beeping his ass off. Just wanted to get out of the car and start strangling him, impatient fools. This is the only thing I hate about driving. People have enough have guts to press a ******* pressure pad but not to confront you personally
SoapyDish
Exactly, it's never happened to me.

Actually I lie, it happened once just after I'd passed my test, when I was at the front of a queue at traffic lights, and it was one of those sets where the left turn goes green while the straight ahead and right turn stays red. I was turning left, but didn't notice the change because it didn't go amber first, and got beeped at from behind :frown:

This happened to me last night!!!1

I raged and drove the rest of the way at 15mph with a massive queue of cars behind me! Take that beepfags!
pimpman777
I've never been beeped at for nearly hitting or car or anything like that. I was beeped at last night for waiting too long to emerge, what the hell was I supposed to do? it wasn't clear enough for me to go, yet the idiot behind me was beeping his ass off. Just wanted to get out of the car and start strangling him, impatient fools. This is the only thing I hate about driving. People have enough have guts to press a ******* pressure pad but not to confront you personally

In that kind of situation I like to play a game called "put it in reverse" seems to work well :yep:
Reply 8
JumpingJonny
In that kind of situation I like to play a game called "put it in reverse" seems to work well :yep:

Hahahah I'll try that next time
pimpman777
Hahahah I'll try that next time

With your handbrake on obviously :ninja:
Reply 10
pimpman777

Living in London I see and get it constantly. Normally because they think the highway code doesnt apply to them and they are annoyed about the fact in reality it actually does lol.

Had one yesterday when a car way coming in the opposite direction tried to turn right as I was coming up the road and almost hit them as there was obviously not enough time to do so (I was only doing about 25mph). Got beeped and swore at because everyone knows you cars going straight down a road should stop for them if they want to turn right :rolleyes:

I normally find a smile and over exuberant cheery wave solves the problem. The confused look on their faces as to why your not getting angry is worth it everytime :biggrin:
I know, I hate it when people beep at me! So many people on the roads are impatient and pressurise you into rushing onto a roundabout/through traffic lights that have just changed etc., just for the sake of it. They just don't take into account that it may be an inexperienced driver etc.
Also people tailgating when you're already driving at the speed limit is annoying.
Reply 12
JumpingJonny
With your handbrake on obviously :ninja:

of course :p:
Reply 13
Hahaha, I beeped at some woman t'other day. Wasnt concentrating and was tapping along to music on my steering wheel. Accidentally pressed the horn and it gave the woman waiting at the junction a good jump. I laughed and she stuck 2 Vs up.
Reply 14
I can count the times that I've beeped at someone with one hand's fingers. I've beeped at a cyclist who almost got himself killed running in front of me, and I think twice in the traffic lights when someone didn't go. I generally flash the lights if I need someone's attention, and it works.
Reply 15
BarnChappell

I raged and drove the rest of the way at 15mph with a massive queue of cars behind me! Take that beepfags!

hahaha excellent name for them! :yep:

It's actually illegal to use the horn for just any old thing.
Reply 16
BarnChappell

hahahha!!!! i do this all the time....and they get sooo angry its hilarious...and then after about 5 mins i drive at the normal speed then i reduce it again its f**** hilarious!!!!....ahhhhhh i love driving man
Reply 17
Ultraviolet Midnight
I know, I hate it when people beep at me! So many people on the roads are impatient and pressurise you into rushing onto a roundabout/through traffic lights that have just changed etc., just for the sake of it. They just don't take into account that it may be an inexperienced driver etc.
Also people tailgating when you're already driving at the speed limit is annoying.

I love it on motorways when you're doing pver the speed limit in the slow or middle lane and someone comes rushing up behind you right up your arse beeping and flashing you to get out of the way.

Also, people get right up my bum when I'm going up a hill, I have a one litre corsa, surely people must understand that it physically cannot accelerate?!?!?
Reply 18
Ultraviolet Midnight

that actually gets me angry..because i start to think im i doing something wrong!!
Reply 19
Anyone noticed when cars flash you coming from the opposite lane, I've read somewhere that this was a warning that police were just up ahead and I found out that this was true.

Latest

Trending

Trending