The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
KatieCookie
Thanks :smile: Im trying to stay positive about it. Ive emailed my local antenatal groups about volounteering and sitting in on sessions but had no replys :frown: I dont fancy ringing them either cuz dont like talking over the phone lol!

Have you sent off your application yet? My friend has, but not heard anything back yet! I'm still working on my personal statement, ive had midwifery students tell me that theres nothing to improve, but i posted it on here and the ps advisor deleted alot of my words and told me to write something else :frown: I thought it was better the way i did it to be honest!

Gosh! that sounds a bit harsh. If student midwives think it's perfect, then leave it the way it is because they've all been through it so they should know. :yes: I don't really have any real work experience myself, i use to just attended antenatal classes before but i gave up now lol. It's just no fun sitting in the corner and not get involved. But i rang my local hospital and they said they might offer me a placement in January. I just mentioned that in my PS. Hopefully, the uni's will understand. I have received a welcome letter from Middlesex but apart from that, nothing. The postal strike :frown:
Reply 21
heya need some advice bout my midwifery interview at sheffield halam, thev'e said we need to discuss 'clinical aspects of midwifery'. they can't expect me to no anything clinical can they? i thought you were only expected to discuss ethical scinarios. I would be gratefull for any advice from anyone :s !
MissIsha
Gosh! that sounds a bit harsh. If student midwives think it's perfect, then leave it the way it is because they've all been through it so they should know. :yes: I don't really have any real work experience myself, i use to just attended antenatal classes before but i gave up now lol. It's just no fun sitting in the corner and not get involved. But i rang my local hospital and they said they might offer me a placement in January. I just mentioned that in my PS. Hopefully, the uni's will understand. I have received a welcome letter from Middlesex but apart from that, nothing. The postal strike :frown:

Thats good then! I included in my PS that i had searched for volountary work but had no luck and that to compensate i had researched/joined forums/spoken to midwife about role etc but the ps advisor on here told me not to include it because it makes it stand out that i havent got any experience! Im all muddled now lol. At least uve done some in an antenatal class even if it wasnt for long!
Reply 23
char.99
heya need some advice bout my midwifery interview at sheffield halam, thev'e said we need to discuss 'clinical aspects of midwifery'. they can't expect me to no anything clinical can they? i thought you were only expected to discuss ethical scinarios. I would be gratefull for any advice from anyone :s !

I would love to help you out but i haven't a clue, you can try asking the students midwives on this forum. They are a lovely bunch =) All the best with you interview! http://www.studentmidwife.net/
Hi there my names Louise Im 22 and Im applying to UEA to do Midwifer. Im in my final year of a History degree at UEA but I have always wanted to be a Midwife but ever since I had my daughter a year ago the desire has only intensified. I dont regret my Histor course in fact i see it as a back up if this does not happen which i really hope it does. Still working on the PS right now!
HerRoyalHighness
Hi there my names Louise Im 22 and Im applying to UEA to do Midwifer. Im in my final year of a History degree at UEA but I have always wanted to be a Midwife but ever since I had my daughter a year ago the desire has only intensified. I dont regret my Histor course in fact i see it as a back up if this does not happen which i really hope it does. Still working on the PS right now!

Thats great :smile: Are you applying to any other uni's or just the one? Keep us updated! x
KatieCookie
Thats great :smile: Are you applying to any other uni's or just the one? Keep us updated! x

Thanks :smile: Done the PS now all sent off just waiting and hoping. No I only applied to UEA purely because I dont want to move from Norfolk in terms of support we need to be near our famillies and friends with a small child. Plus having spent 3 yrs at UEA I love it! If I get in I will be doing some placements at the hospital where I had my daughter! How is everyones elses applications going?
Hii :smile:
Iv applied for Midwifery 2010 at Cardiff, Southampton, Plymouth, Swansea and Oxford Brooks. Have only had acknowledgements back so far, has anyone else heard anything from any of these unis?
Reply 28
Ive got an interview at nottingham uni and kings college london....still waiting to hear from york, east anglia and cardiff! xx
Reply 29
Ive got interviews at nottingham and kings colllege too! Is your interview at kings on weds 2nd Dec? Still havent heard from cardiff or southampton tho x
Reply 30
my interview was on the 2nd dec yes for kings!! were you there?!!

my nottingham one is on the 10th! xx
Reply 31
Yeah i was at the kings interview on the 2nd!
And am going to the nottingham one on thursday.
Have you heard anything from kings yet? They said they would probably let us know today.
Reply 32
havent heard anything! have you? xxx
Reply 33
Hya.
You all seem to be young on here. Im a mature student applying for sept 10 intake at chester. Still not completed my ucas as yet as waiting on another reference. Hopefully it will be early next week so fingers crossed.

Glad to hear some of you have already had interviews, hope they went ok and you got a place where you wanted.
I'm applying to chester too. Only just sent off my application so havent heard anything yet.x
Reply 35
just got an offer from nottingham!!! x
Reply 36
I got an offer from Nottingham too!!
Reply 37
cb107 have you heard from kings yet? xxx
Reply 38
yeah, i got a rejection :frown: how about u?
rejected gutted from uea

Latest