The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 1
general welcome talk was around 20 mins I think.....very unimportant!

subject welcome talk about 50mins....very important!
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Does the actual phrase "some of you may be living away from home for the first time" get mentioned?
Reply 3
browser
general welcome talk was around 20 mins I think.....very unimportant!

subject welcome talk about 50mins....very important!

What he said.
screenager2004
Does the actual phrase "some of you may be living away from home for the first time" get mentioned?

That would be £1 in the Swear Box. :yep:
Reply 5
Too long. The Vice-Chancellor will waffle on for a while, and then you'll meet representatives from the SU, who also waffle on and think they're funny. If you miss it, I'm quite sure you'll cope fine. Your subject/module talks are the ones you should make a note of.
Yeh I'll take the extra hour's sleep rather than wake for this.
Reply 7
Yea because my surname is C i have to go to my department talk at 10am and the talk is at 9. Pretty sure i'm going to get lost trying to find it so i hope the meeting is less than an hour :s-smilie:
Reply 8
kitty123
Yea because my surname is C i have to go to my department talk at 10am and the talk is at 9. Pretty sure i'm going to get lost trying to find it so i hope the meeting is less than an hour :s-smilie:

You don't have to go. If it lasts too long, just leave.

The VC will speak and then Andrew Bradley (SU president) will speak too. One will talk about your future the other will hopefully tell us that the union will be finished before we graduate. :wink:
Reply 9
I'm undecided whether to go the VC Talk, it's a 9am and my Subject talk isn't until 5pm.
Reply 10
FunkMasterN

The VC will speak and then Andrew Bradley (SU president) will speak too. One will talk about your future the other will hopefully tell us that the union will be finished before we graduate. :wink:

Soooo true. Though you don't have Tommo.
estel
Soooo true. Though you don't have Tommo.

Tommo is a good friend of mine, since we used to be on the Warwick Snow exec together. I heard that he made people stand up in the talk if they were in favour of a "real" freshers week. Joe Kirby (president before him) was apparently really patronising, which is not a good way to make a first impression...
Reply 12
Oh i didn't realise you didn't have to go. Is the information not that important then? I'd rather not go than be late for my course induction
Reply 13
kitty123
Oh i didn't realise you didn't have to go. Is the information not that important then? I'd rather not go than be late for my course induction

Its probably the least important thing youll ever attend..unless you dont attend. Which I advise

Latest