The Student Room Group
Reply 1
is it just for parents, or parents and kids?

IF PARENTS AND KIDS - You could do the in this room there is a Head Girl (and head boy if mixed) 'x' amount of prefects, team captains, house captains etc... thats a good start

say stuff like, what you remember when you were sitting where they are
IF PARENTS ONLY - do the welcomes, and like ask your parents what they were feeling when they sent you there, and like say that in your speech , eg. your probably worried about whether your child will fit in, etc... but dont worry,etc...

hope that kinda helps a lil bit
oh yeah, I hadnt thought of asking my parents or anything. I think its just for the parents - my head of sixth just rang me up this morning and was like ..oh ...by the way.
lol
Thanks a lot for your help :smile:
Reply 3
no probs :smile:
Reply 4
My headboy speech was so sketchy, i wrote it the night before in bed, at 12 at night! ooh dear, good start but no. that aint the worst of it. I basically took the mic out of the whole headboy role. It was to be given at a prizegiving ceremony for everyones acheivements in the year, and i was just like, im headboy, ive never been to one of these before. theres so much work being headboy, sorting out prom, prefects and just generally having a laugh. nah it was good tohugh, because at my school theres a headboy and headgirl, so the headgirl did this really sincere (amazingly good) speech after mine so they were good speeches together. If you are doing it with another head'person' then make sure one of you does funny, the other serious, that usually works. I wouldn't worry about it too much though.
Reply 5
You could talk about deaths in sport.

Last year we only lost 3 girls in hockey matches last year.
Reply 6
Noxid
You could talk about deaths in sport.

Last year we only lost 3 girls in hockey matches last year.

LOL!! wait that was a joke wasnt it.... please tell me it was... lol i dont know what to do now

rate the teachers tell them who's good and bad, but in a stupid way, lol

also are you head girl next yr, or finished this yr, coz the head boy who speaks at our y7 inductions is next yr's head boy
Reply 7
mtbab
LOL!! wait that was a joke wasnt it.... please tell me it was... lol i dont know what to do now

rate the teachers tell them who's good and bad, but in a stupid way, lol

also are you head girl next yr, or finished this yr, coz the head boy who speaks at our y7 inductions is next yr's head boy

Of course its a joke. its one that my head of lower school uses every year in his speech to parents. Just make sure that you havent had any deaths in sport in the last few years at your school

You can talk about the swift new punishments that you will be introducing.

Detentions, you have to be joking. Your children will be hanging by their thumbs from the arch, tower, etc.

Go through it with your parents, form tutor and head teacher to make sure it doesnt offend anyone.
Reply 8
Noxid
Of course its a joke. its one that my head of lower school uses every year in his speech to parents. Just make sure that you havent had any deaths in sport in the last few years at your school

You can talk about the swift new punishments that you will be introducing.

Detentions, you have to be joking. Your children will be hanging by their thumbs from the arch, tower, etc.

Go through it with your parents, form tutor and head teacher to make sure it doesnt offend anyone.

yeh see i knew it was a joke a but you just never know do ya, lol

yeh make sure you dont cross lines with ya jokes, also be wary of ya audience, some people just may not get them and some parents will be soo overprotective theyll prob get freaked out, lol
Reply 9
Talk about things the yr 7's will worry about most, for my old school they did-
- showering at PE
- Bullying (bogwashing lol)
- Not knowing anybody

They did it in a sort of 'nightmare' thing like made the school sound awful and then said and then I woke up, it was extremely lame but that's the only sorta things that the yr 7's care about.

Latest

Trending

Trending