The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 1
Where is the metric test found?

Is this the "diagnostic test" people will be taking to test their level of maths?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
i think it is...ive got to do it too for chemistry
Reply 3
it's not exactly a test, it's more a tool to help you in verifying that you have all the knowledge required for the course
I've got it in the blackboard: learn.imperial.ac.uk
Reply 4
imhotep
it's not exactly a test, it's more a tool to help you in verifying that you have all the knowledge required for the course
I've got it in the blackboard: learn.imperial.ac.uk

Yeh i've been going through that but i interpreted your post as there being one single huge test somewhere on the system and was wondering where the single huge test was.
imhotep
I was looking at the metric test yesterday, and it's HUGE :s-smilie:
I'm going to joint mathematics and computing and I was wondering what are the most important parts, since it really covers a lot of subjects...

Any suggestions :biggrin: ?

I got a letter saying what areas to cover and there wasnt too much to do. Im doing physics though, not maths & comuting so a bit less maths needed for me. :smile:
Reply 6
alessiocerci
I got a letter saying what areas to cover and there wasnt too much to do. Im doing physics though, not maths & comuting so a bit less maths needed for me. :smile:

I just received a mail that says "you can test your knowledge with metric"... what did they asked you to do?
imhotep
I just received a mail that says "you can test your knowledge with metric"... what did they asked you to do?

I got the list with the welcome back which also included something from the RCSU, a "harry fresher" booklet, 1st week timetable, the reading list etc The topics needed to cover were basically A level maths ones (no further maths). There was only 1 thing (leibniz' rule) which I hadnt come across before, and I havent even done further maths.

I dont have the exact list of topics with me at the moment and seeing as you're doing a different course I dont think it'd be much help but I can post them later if you so wish
Im sure i learnt the Leibniz rule in physics....not maths :s-smilie:(i didnt do a-levels)
Scottish_gurl
Im sure i learnt the Leibniz rule in physics....not maths :s-smilie:(i didnt do a-levels)

thats doubtful since its some combination of the binomial expansion and the chain rule. I think youre thinking of Lenz' law perhaps :cool:
possibly, i did it at some point tho haha

Latest

Trending

Trending