The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
A100whoo
I'm really shocked to see their entry requirement is AABe, :eek: I've got AAAb, with a prediction of AAB should i take the chance and apply? Would i be at a big advantage cause i haven't got a AAA offer like the majority of ppl who are applying there?

Thanks, please reply soon , i've only got a couple of days before i need decide whether or not im gonna sit the BMAT!

Well the standard medicine offer is now AAA and a pass at AS.
Reply 2
No you wont be at a big advantage :P

If I was you, I would take a bmat and see how well you do.
This is no longer the standard offer.
Reply 4
Yeah the standard offer is AAAe now. Considering you might not have enough time to talk to your teachers about the B prediction, I might just be careful with UCL.
Reply 5
Sanjetti
Yeah the standard offer is AAAe now. Considering you might not have enough time to talk to your teachers about the B prediction, I might just be careful with UCL.

Yeah so it is, must have been an old website :frown:
for UCL it is AAAb,
from what i remember
Reply 7
Well of course cause they take into account the BMAT more most probs and most of those they take on will no doubt have higher than that ''offer''.
JordanCarroll
for UCL it is AAAb,
from what i remember

AAAe

"grades AAA at A-level plus a pass grade in
an additional AS-level (unless Biology is the additional AS-level, in which case a B grade is
required)."

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/medicalschool/mbbs-admissions/entry-requirements/MBBS_Entry_Requirements.pdf
What's the confusion - just look at the website?
UCL Medical School

Blah blah etc etc

Our standard conditional offer for 2010 entry is: grades AAA at A-level plus a pass grade in
an additional AS-level (unless Biology is the additional AS-level, in which case a B grade is
required).

Why do you have 2010 medic in your sig? Your grades are nowhere near good enough.

My mate got told he would struggle for a medicine place so applied for dentistry with 5 As including all the sciences at AS and still got rejected.

Save yourself an enforced gap year mate, it ain't gonna happen.
Reply 12
screwyouguysimgoinghome
Why do you have 2010 medic in your sig? Your grades are nowhere near good enough.

My mate got told he would struggle for a medicine place so applied for dentistry with 5 As including all the sciences at AS and still got rejected.

As long as he gets predicted AAA/AAB - why shouldn't he, he got AAB at AS - he will have a shot if he choses wisely.
lekky
As long as he gets predicted AAA/AAB - why shouldn't he, he got AAB at AS - he will have a shot if he choses wisely.

His GCSEs and AS results are poor. I would be very surprised if he gets a place. That's just my opinion.

When I say poor I mean relative to the pool of medicine candidates btw.
Reply 14
This is the current displayed information at Med Schools online, but if you click it'll say that for 2010 entry it's rising.
screwyouguysimgoinghome

Their GCSEs are good, and A2 predictions are more important than AS results, so if the predictions are good, they should be OK.
Reply 16
screwyouguysimgoinghome
His GCSEs and AS results are poor. I would be very surprised if he gets a place. That's just my opinion.

When I say poor I mean relative to the pool of medicine candidates btw.

GCSE results are fine; they don't rule out very many places. Maybe Barts, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Cardiff, Liverpool, Bristol? A lot of people who apply have worse, hence why Birminghams 8A* offer is considered high.
Reply 17
lekky
GCSE results are fine; they don't rule out very many places. Maybe Barts, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Cardiff, Liverpool, Bristol? A lot of people who apply have worse, hence why Birminghams 8A* offer is considered high.

Would they rule out Barts? I didn't know Bart's liked high GCSE's :dontknow:?
Fair enough... I thought medicine was ultra competitive but I'll take your word for it since I'm not doing a medicine related course myself.
screwyouguysimgoinghome
Fair enough... I thought medicine was ultra competitive but I'll take your word for it since I'm not doing a medicine related course myself.

Then kindly go **** yourself.

Latest

Trending

Trending