The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Nambi
I am bitter about maccy d's myself

They rejected me and my boyfriend. I applied a couple of years back and my bf applied this year. I know it was probably due to being 'overqualified' (we are both already graduates etc.) but I needed money and I'm so bitter! Let me flip burgers!!!!

As for constructive advice... try Subway.

SUBWAY?

How do i find out if they have places??????? I would love to work there lol and the idiots i see serving it in my town make me think "god why can i not get a job, but they can" :frown:
Reply 41
Mcdonald's get 2200 applications every day. My mate applied twice and got the job the second time around.
Blátönn
Rejected by McDonald's = Ultimate Fail.

Just for the record - I would rather shoot myself than work in McDonald's.

They rejected me 4 times! :shot:
it may sound obvious but maccy ds might just not have any vacancies, so even a rejection from "burger flipping" isn't a comment on your abilities, it could just be as a result of statistics/people/numbers etc

i'm currently trying to find work and i will work anywhere so i'm applying anywhere and everywhere and i would like to hope it's more of a numbers game than about what i can/can't actually do
Nambi
I am bitter about maccy d's myself

They rejected me and my boyfriend. I applied a couple of years back and my bf applied this year. I know it was probably due to being 'overqualified' (we are both already graduates etc.) but I needed money and I'm so bitter! Let me flip burgers!!!!

As for constructive advice... try Subway.

Agreed, Subway all the way. I have a few friends that work in both Subway or McDonalds. Subway has not only better pay, but healthier food (not that it is too healthy in the first place...)

I would rather work somewhere that compliments where I would work in life.

:rolleyes:
they smell anyway so they saved you from smelling like them
Reply 46
hold up.. you like lending your friends money?
Oh snap!
i have also been mcjected :frown:

I see what you did there :awesome:
Reply 48
Ahahahaha! Jokes. Soz Op
rejected from McDonals? :toofunny: :rofl:

jokes

nah loads of people get rejected from them, yet they end up employing idiots who cant get an order right imo

just look elsewhere (tl;dr your post so this response is a reply to your title question)
Reply 50
Mcjected twice is nothing. I've been Mcjected 7 fricking times! Oh, and I've been rejected by KFC too so nothing new there. Subway's application process is a little different. Iirc you just put a CV in a query box and the store manager gets it. Subway have ignored me twice so dw bout it.
Reply 51
i got an interview for there by putting interests: Boxing,6aside football,drinking and playing xbox.

Proudest achievement: Getting decent gcse grades and competing for my county.

You seem to have written too much imo.
Stricof
Sainsbury's are recruiting quite a bit at the moment

Yeah this. Sainsbury's are making a killing, recession or not. My store is being practically doubled in size. If you are a night owl go for a night shift, it pays more and you don't have to deal with customers all the time.
Reply 53
maybe when the employ a MALE they want a male personality to go with it :smile:
Reply 54
I got rejected from there, multiple times. C'est la vie.
Reply 55
Lol, that must feel bad. real rejection right there.
I am so glad I'm not the only person who's been rejected from there. People always make out like fast food places are just dying for staff and that you can wander in and just get a job; that Benefit Busters programme on C4 had a woman asking people 'if you want to work why don't you go to Mcdonald's or Burger King?' and basically making out that they didn't have jobs because they were lazy snobs.

When I got rejected I honestly didn't know what to do with myself, I was just devastated that I was such scum that I couldn't even get minumum wage jobs. Then I thought perhaps I wouldn't bother applying to all the investment banks and consultancies I'd started applying to since I was too useless to even work at McDonald's. I'm sooooo pleased it's not just me they don't want!
Reply 57
I used to work at McD, getting a job is just luck, sometimes a load of people leave and they need to replace them so if you applied, then, you'll most likely get the job. If they don't need anyone, they won't hire you however well you are experienced or qualified.

And the OP's application is about 10 times too long but very funny if it was real which I doubt.
Reply 58
im not surprised you were rejected, perhaps you should ask your parents or friends for advice in completing your application as if im honest i have never read such a terrible attempt before.
Reply 59
How do you tell if you've been rejected?
I applied online a week ago and my online status thing still says "considering"

Latest

Trending

Trending