The Student Room Group
depends on the uni really.
some uni's hinge everything on the interveiw..others you don't need one.
Reply 2
Mostly no, it's normally only medicine applicants, mature students and people who haven't really met the grades but seem to have a good potential. But, it's really dependant on the uni.
Glasgow And Strathclyde wanted interviews from me when I applied to do Education.
God, I wish!
Reply 5
Same as with the English lot - some do and some don't. I didn't have to get an interview to study economics, but then again I wasn't interviewed before I got my economics offers at Manchester, Birmingham, Cardiff or Bristol either. Some interview for medicine, some don't.

Essentially I don't think there's an institutional difference between English and Scottish unis regarding interviews.
Reply 6
Depends :dontknow: I didn't have any, but I have friends doing architecture and vet courses who did
Reply 7
for most courses scottish universities won't bother to interview. the main exceptions seem to medicine, vet med, dentistry etc.

i think they should interview more and not put as much emphasis on the personal statement.
My brother got interviewed when apply for Electronics with Music at Glasgow.
Some courses will have an interview and some won't, depending on the course and the Uni, I guess. If an interview is required it states that you will be invited to interview if you apply for that course. I'm hopefully going to apply for Computer Arts at Abertay (September 2010 entry) and that course requires an interview :s-smilie:
Reply 10
Depends. I got interview for automotive engineering at Heriot-Watt and i know of someone who got interviewed for aeronautical engineering at Glasgow as i just got a offer straight up....there isn't any straight answer.

Latest

Trending

Trending