Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Good Old Days...

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    Scary. I should have thought of things like that before I posted my pic on that horrible horrible day. lol.
    I remember that.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr White)
    I remember that.
    :confused:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've done that twice, so far, but I always drift back...
    because your too lazy and can't stand excessive movment so come to moan / complain about new people to the forum, wohoo!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I didn't realise BH posted 3000 threads!!! Was he here all night doing that or something?! Did they all say exactly the same thing, or were they all different?

What was your alias, Mr White?

Oh and littlemisssmile is never here anymore either! Or Ollie's girlfriend.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chicken)
    I didn't realise BH posted 3000 threads!!! Was he here all night doing that or something?! Did they all say exactly the same thing, or were they all different?

Ollie's gf never really posted much anyway.

Awww, isn't it nice that we remember the old members.

Would you all remember me if I left?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I remember that.
    lol, poor Rusda... i still don't how AMG ended up a mod... does anyone know who else knew about her moonshine debacle (apart from expression)? the thread she started 'is moonshine really AMG?' is so funny...

lou xxx
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    lol, poor Rusda... i still don't how AMG ended up a mod... does anyone know who else knew about her moonshine debacle (apart from expression)? the thread she started 'is moonshine really AMG?' is so funny...

lou xxx
    lol!! Yes, once her posts got merged with her amg account, the thread that says "I am not a musical girl" was posted by a musical girl. It was very funny.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    there's tonnes of funny threads about it here...

http://www.uk-learning.net/search.php?searchid=26212

my personal fave is; 'is ickle katy the same person as a muscial girl'. they are both from wales. discuss.

lou xxx
    yeah i like ur analogy: "i have as much musical talant as a frog with a pole stuck up his arse."
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    lol!! Yes, once her posts got merged with her amg account, the thread that says "I am not a musical girl" was posted by a musical girl. It was very funny.
    Hehe she got well p***ed off when hayden exposed her as AMG. Very funny!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chicken)

nah katy was hardly ever here... i'm still reading this thread... is moonshine really AMG? go to page 3 guys, what was her problem with richard?

note- it was littlemisssmile who had the other my little pony avatar-someone was trying to figure ti out yesterday

lou xxx
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    yeah i like ur analogy: "i have as much musical talant as a frog with a pole stuck up his arse."
    Lol:

http://www.uk-learning.net/showthrea...ight=moonshine
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    lol, that was hilarious... i've finally finished that thread. how coem i've never heard about this before? the bh thing is legendary... but that is so unknown. it explains why we don't see as much of AMG as we did when she first appeared.

ickle_katy talks abotu the bullying thing and said that mr white was bullied by everyone because no one liked him. what did you do gabby?

lou xxx
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    ickle_katy talks abotu the bullying thing and said that mr white was bullied by everyone because no one liked him. what did you do gabby?
    I was a bit of a bastard when I first joined (I accused katy of being a man - among other things). A wide assortment of unregistered users banded together to insult me and call me a smurf, I probably brought that on myself.

Ahh, memories:

http://www.uk-learning.net/showthread.php?t=8127
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, am a bit behind on this. My age is 3262.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Sorry, am a bit behind on this. My age is 3262.
    I never realised you were that old. I always assumed you joined up in the Early Middle Era.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I never realised you were that old. I always assumed you joined up in the Early Middle Era.
    Nope, I started when I was searching for past maths papers and answers, which I found, and have been hooked since.
    The Katy, a_musical_gal lil arguments were a classic sometimes. a_musical_gal was asked by d to become a mod, so she was for a bit. But she argued against it so much that d must have given up and taken back the mod status. And who can forget her signatures, esp after that event. This was the time when Katy was still the only female mod.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Nope, I started when I was searching for past maths papers and answers, which I found, and have been hooked since.
    The Katy, a_musical_gal lil arguments were a classic sometimes. a_musical_gal was asked by d to become a mod, so she was for a bit. But she argued against it so much that d must have given up and taken back the mod status. And who can forget her signatures, esp after that event. This was the time when Katy was still the only female mod.
    So, Xenon, as one of the few remaining old era members, what do you think: Is the New forum better than the old one (when it was under Helen, d and Koloth)?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    So, Xenon, as one of the few remaining old era members, what do you think: Is the New forum better than the old one (when it was under Helen, d and Koloth)?
    It's different for sure, especially as many of the old members don't post much anymore. I'd say that the old era had many many different characters and legends in it (though some people are trying to establish themselves in this new era). It was smaller and the mods were around more. I think that there's still some catching up for this new forum to do, but it seems a little weird, cos the forum has grown so much, and there are so many new members, that sometimes, you can't help but miss the old era. I'll get used to it. Mind you, the old forum didn't have the ultimate harry potter thread.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    myself and Mr White are getting all nostalgic about the 'good ol' days'

so which members have gone never to be seen again? what has changed? good or bad?

and who has the oldest UKL age? (click on your profile and it's the number at the end)... it's prob kolath or d.

lou xxx
    it says u registered in june lol them good ol' days
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    It's different for sure, especially as many of the old members don't post much anymore. I'd say that the old era had many many different characters and legends in it (though some people are trying to establish themselves in this new era). It was smaller and the mods were around more. I think that there's still some catching up for this new forum to do, but it seems a little weird, cos the forum has grown so much, and there are so many new members, that sometimes, you can't help but miss the old era. I'll get used to it. Mind you, the old forum didn't have the ultimate harry potter thread.
    It didn't have Vienna, either - there's a downside to everything.

I suppose, when it comes down to it, this new forum is more active and a more thriving 'community' than the old one, but sometimes it's hard not to miss the nice atmosphere of the Old Forum, there was virtually no spam or trollers (or that tosser Maskell).
Updated: December 24, 2003
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.