The Student Room Group

Two UCAS Questions

I'm in Year 13 applying for university next year.

Do I need to write down AS-levels and their grades for the subjects that I'm taking on for the full A-level? Or do I just keep them as pending A-levels, with the as-level module scores in, and just have the subject I dropped in AS?

Secondly, did anyone do the "British AS Physics Competition"? Is it a registered exam - I looked but couldn't find it, so I registered it as "Other UK Qualification". Worth it?
Reply 1
The ones you're continuing, keep as pending A-levels. The one you dropped, leave as AS. Not sure about your second question though!
Syron
The ones you're continuing, keep as pending A-levels. The one you dropped, leave as AS. Not sure about your second question though!

but you have to declare AS results if they've been cashed in?
Reply 3
Ermm in my UCAS I got told to enter them all as AS - and then enter them all for A2 as well, minus the one(s) we dropped.

So under my 'GCE (first qualification 2001)' there is 5 subjects
And under the GCE Full thingy majig (or whatever it says) there is 4 =\
MarcusTheEskimo
I'm in Year 13 applying for university next year.

Do I need to write down AS-levels and their grades for the subjects that I'm taking on for the full A-level? Or do I just keep them as pending A-levels, with the as-level module scores in, and just have the subject I dropped in AS?

Secondly, did anyone do the "British AS Physics Competition"? Is it a registered exam - I looked but couldn't find it, so I registered it as "Other UK Qualification". Worth it?

1) Read the clearly labelled sticky thread about AS grades in this forum. You have received some potentially misleading advice already in this thread.

2) That isn't a qualification, it is a competition - the clue is in the title - and shouldn't be declared in that section. If you feel it is valuable you can mention it in your PS.

Latest

Trending

Trending