The Student Room Group
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website

Retake core module?

I'm confuzzled, so I got a nice grade 1 for film tech last year (there's a reason btw) and it said under the recommendations section to 'retake module with attendance - first retake'. So I've been googling and such, trying to find out if I have to reapply for it or whatever but I'm not getting anywhere. I still passed the year though so I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing. Anybody know anything about retakes and the like? It would be much appreciated!!:smile:
Reply 1
I think your best bet will be to email your tutor. A lot of the Uni lingo is ambigious and I can't count the amount of times I've had to email around asking what things mean!
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website
Reply 2
If it's retaking the module with attendance, that means doing the whole module again over the course of the semester. But yeah, it's best to email your tutors and see what you need to be doing.
Reply 3
you need to pass all modules to get a degree, so providing you fail 2 or less at the end of the first year then you will pass but have to redo the failed ones along side the others. i have to do it now. i was automatically enrolled in them so just looked up the timetables and now ill go to whichever lectures/practicals suit. you should in theory be all ready to go, but if in doubt try and email someone. janice deals with all this kind of stuff and gave me a list of the modules i am enrolled on, i have just forgot her second name.
Reply 4
Ah thankyou muchly, I've had a look and I can choose from Film Tech lectures all Tuesday 9am-5pm, choices choices, well it won't be the 9am one for a start....
Reply 5
lol yea screw the 9am ones. in fact ive been a bit nice to myself about attenting the lectures for the module i failed. atm its just the intro stuff thats exactly the same, so its kind of unimportant.

Latest

Trending

Trending