The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
If you're Turkish, then it will be worth as much as an A in general studies, i.e. nothing.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Takao123
I have taken 3 A levels from maths chemistry and biology with 3 predicted A's. I have also taken turkish A level with an A grade but i am unsure if it is accepted in imperial college. Someone please give me some info. ?

yeah it is accepted at Imperial.:smile: :smile:
It should be OK. I put down all my other useless A-levels, but they only based my offer on the A-levels I actually needed...
Yeah, you'll probably find that if you do get an offer, the offer is subject specific, i.e. 3 A grades in Biology, Chemistry and Maths or something like that. (Or maybe even 4 A grades!)
Reply 5
I am not turkish but i speak it well.. im realy concerned because if they dont accept i will have to take another A/S exam for medicine ...
Oh, so you're doing medicine?
Are you doing 4 A Levels then? Because, if so, they will probably give you an offer of AAAC in those four A Levels (not sure if it is subject specific though).

Unless you already have an A grade at A2 for Turkish? In which case, they might just give you an AAA offer anyway (or an AAC offer) but don't quote me on that!
Reply 7
I am doing 3 A levels + the turkish A level which i am not sure of and also an AS from english which is predicted an A.
Even if you don't have Turkish at A level, you still have 3 "normal" A levels, which they accept... so either way, you can apply.

What's the problem?
Toiletpaper8
Even if you don't have Turkish at A level, you still have 3 "normal" A levels, which they accept... so either way, you can apply.

What's the problem?

It's this time of year again, TP, where med applicants panic over every single detail of their UCAS app :p:
lostphotobooth
It's this time of year again, TP, where med applicants panic over every single detail of their UCAS app :p:

Exactly.

Also, I've realised I don't have anywhere near enough suitcase space and stuff will now get thrown unceremoniously into the car.
Toiletpaper8
Exactly.

Also, I've realised I don't have anywhere near enough suitcase space and stuff will now get thrown unceremoniously into the car.

Ahh, I only just managed to fit everything into my three suitcases. Though, I have a bit of a problem in that I have some shoes arriving tomorrow/Wednesday and two dresses arriving this week which probably won't fit :sad: Gonna have to compromise :frown:

Alsoo, I think I asked you before, but I forgot :colondollar: What time are you getting there for?
lostphotobooth
Ahh, I only just managed to fit everything into my three suitcases. Though, I have a bit of a problem in that I have some shoes arriving tomorrow/Wednesday and two dresses arriving this week which probably won't fit :sad: Gonna have to compromise :frown:

Alsoo, I think I asked you before, but I forgot :colondollar: What time are you getting there for?

I no longer have a clue, because we're hitching a ride in someone else's car :p: I'll let you know when I know though.

I only have 1 suit, which is probably too big for me but will have to do - and I am definitely too cheap to buy a dinner jacket :p:
Reply 13
Toiletpaper8

What's the problem?

I just want to be sure because it will be to my benefit to have an extra A level with a grade A and it will be better when i apply.
Takao123
I just want to be sure because it will be to my benefit to have an extra A level with a grade A and it will be better when i apply.

I honestly don't think anyone gives a crap whether you have 3 or 4 A levels as long as you interview well.

And presumably, if you are Turkish or have Turkish parents, picking Turkish was probably a bit pointless - unless you did it as a 5th A level.

Latest

Trending

Trending