The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
How old are you? If you're over 16 there should be no problem at all, if you're under 16 they may still agree but it might take a bit more persuading and/or be dependent on the local practice's policy.
you should be able to, i know my doctor would allow it.
Reply 3
Over 16 then yes.
Reply 4
Think my friend has been going to doctors appointment and hospital appointments himself since he was about 15 i think he is now 17. so to answer op question yes you should be ok.
nah wont be a problem. just ring up and ask for an appointment.

i imagine due to the nature of your problem, you could probably just go to an anonymous walk in center if your gp refuses you an appointment
Yes.. I know a couple of girls who have been alone, had abortions etc.. under 16 and their parents weren't informed.
Reply 7
Yes, especially if you are over 16. However, I would urge you to consider talking to a parent depending on what the problem is - it may ease some of the pressure... :smile:
Reply 8
You are entitled to make the decisions concerning your own health when you are 16; so yes you should be able to.
Reply 9
Went to the doctors by myself since about 15, So its fine. If you want to discuss something private then Im sure they'd let you, doctors have to keep confidentiality apart from in certain circumstances and they have full background checks so theres no problems with being unsupervised. If its a private problem as in down there, then you can also request to have another doctor sit in to avoid any accusations or abuse from reading the signs on the wall.
Baz1990
if your under 18, you can see the doctor on your own, some slags i went to school with did this to go on the pill.

:facepalm:
there's so much wrong with what you've just said there
Baz1990
what do you mean?

think i may have read it wrong
it sounded like people who go to doctors under 18 to go on the pill are slags

sorry if you didn't mean that :o:
Reply 12
Baz1990
the girls i am talking about were complete and utter slags, they went on the pill but got up the duff anyway, and now have loads of kids and live in a high rise council flat, they kids have all been born to different fathers as well. although it is sensible thing for an underage girl to go on the pill, if she does she is still a slag

OMG just cause you're on the pill doesn't mean you're a slag you fool. It helps control periods, can relieve period pain, can help clear your skin if you have acne and can also help lower cancer risk. It is just obvious that you're young and immature lol
Reply 13
Baz1990
if an under 18 year old girl goes on the pill because she is having sex then she is a slag, if a girl takes it relieve period pain or acne then she obviously is not a slag, she is a slag if the sole purpose of being on the pill is to have sex. you are a fool for assuming that i meant the slag rule applied to anygirl taking the pill, when it was quite clear what i meant, i said they were slags because they had gone on the pill because they were having sex at 13,14 and 15 years old, and if that doesn't make them slags then what does.

Ooooo, touchy!

So if a girl over 18 goes on the pill just for the purpose of having unprotected sex, it doesn't make them a slag? People can be slags at any age
hey back to the subject if your in england its technically 16 i think but thats never actually listened to .. i dont have this problem im in scotland and its all diffferent :P i think its 12 here but dont quote me on this its just what ive been told by somone else

and im really sorry but i cant leave without saying somthing about the slags issue lol

i dont mean to be offencive but are you saying any girl under the age of 18 that as sex is a slag?

oh and where did the age 18 come from? simply because its 16 to have legal sex? .. or im i missing something
Reply 15
Yes you are - I was worried about something which I didn't want to tell my mum about cause shed make a big fuss so I called them up made an appointment and went with my mate on the day - but yeah they do see you even without parents
Reply 16
Baz1990
if they have sex with every men they lay their eyes on then yes they are a slag, but if an over 18 girl if on the pill and has a long term partner and is on the pill to prevent her getting pregnant, then she would not be a slag

Yes, that makes sense. You should really explain yourself more clearer in future to stop people challenging what you're saying. But I agree with what you're saying.
ok i respect that opinion although im not sure i agree with it :smile:

can i ask why you think that? i think (as long as the two people are in a stable loving adult relationship) age isn't a very finite thing to go by, i mean you dont suddenly mature the second you turn 18 i think it should be when you feel completely ready (weather that be 16 or 40) and not when society agrees its acceptable; although i do believe that anyone less than 16 is very unlikely to be mature enough to make that sort of decision

oh and you dont have to answer that, i dont want to be nosy lol
Reply 18
This bickering is not helping the OP's question in any way. Cut it out, both sides.
Original post by sweet_pea
OMG just cause you're on the pill doesn't mean you're a **** you fool. It helps control periods, can relieve period pain, can help clear your skin if you have acne and can also help lower cancer risk. It is just obvious that you're young and immature lol

This is true! I'm on the pill (and a virgin!) because it helps to regulate and reduce my periods.

Latest