The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

paper, its normally fast to write then type, plus you can link points easier and draw easier
Paper. Its faster and easier in my opinion.
I personally would use a laptop. paper may be a little faster but laptop, so that you dont have to type up your notes later.
Most do by paper. But it matters greatly by subject (sciences dont as they involve structures, formula and diagrams) and type of laptop (powerful, expensive ultraportables are rare). I do type up my bio notes however, cant be arsed to insert equations in phy and organic diagrams in chem. Maths is just a plain SOLID NO.
Reply 5
robinson999
paper, its normally fast to write then type, plus you can link points easier and draw easier

Really? I actually type about 2 times faster than I can write...
Laptop will make a lot of noise.

I would use paper and if possible, ask your lecturer if you can record it so you can use it later.

Good luck. :smile:
Shuvel

same. drawing on the other hand..... google ftw
Reply 8
Depends on subject. I'm not taking a laptop to Uni because it's just impossible to take maths notes on one. Squared paper for me!
Reply 9
Paper, I can type faster but I can link stuff together and do a more personal format with pen and paper. I just annotate the handouts if given.

Plus, nobody likes the laptop people in lectures.
Shuvel

thats why i said normally, you always get one :p: who can type faster then they can write

to be fair its easier to get your pen and paper out, over waiting for your laptop to load up, then i it runs out of charge, very few use laptops at uni ( again someone will say loads do at there's) it easier to quickly write down stuff, then type them up later where you can add notes
Reply 11
hold on. first of, you do not copy down lecture notes mindlessly. lectures are there for you to listen, you should only write down the things you find necessary - things that made you understand the topic for example. or important fact/formulas. 2nd it depends whether lecutre slides are available or not. for one maths modules there werent, but the lecturer adapted his teaching style accordingly so i copied down everything. the other maths lecture by term 2 i didn copy anything or at most 1 or 2 lines.

id say try both and see what you yourself feel comfortable with.
Reply 12
Llrael
Depends on subject. I'm not taking a laptop to Uni because it's just impossible to take maths notes on one. Squared paper for me!

lol, i used to hate squared paper at school

makes my eyes go funny haha!
Reply 13
Paper. Sometimes I type them up later though.
Reply 14
Paper.
paper

faster and it doesnt make that tapping noise
Paper unless you want to look like a total douche.
I use paper since it can take a while to draw graphs on computer and even then it doesn't come out how you want it to :erm:
Reply 18
Magnanimity
Paper unless you want to look like a total douche.

Finally, somebody said it.
I think all these people saying "paper" are jealous of the laptop people...:groovy:

Latest

Trending

Trending