3) Work like crazy
4) = profit!
Reply 23
mathew551
Haha, I prefer Transfiguration. I'mma transfigure you into a pig, bitch. :p:

AVADA KEDAVRA!!!
:cool:
Haylo
None that are relevant, but this chat has made me give up on it anyway as it has been the only place to give me clear information. Ireallycant afford do work experience and re-do a levels, it would mean being homeless....

Nottingham and Bristol both do a prelim year for a vet course for those who do not have biol or chem at A level.
If I were you I would try for these courses (it means sudying for 6 rather than 5 years) but it's better than re-doing A levels.
But I would advise you to take a year out first and apply for 2011 entry, to get more w/e (pig, lambing, zoo,a battoir, and vet surgery) do about a week every now and then, find a job that will let you get the days off, or even better find an animal related job, I know that there are a lot of calf rearing jobs going at the moment and most of them include accomodation. I have just found myself a week at a pig farm, and they also give accomodation, so you do not actually need a good job!
Plus for 2011 entry you have 2 years off education, you could easily get away with 1 week experience every month, so by this time next year you would have 12 weeks of vet, but a further 7/8 planned and that would look good.
But yeah chek out the websites
ma2k5
I know everyone wants to help - but we should also try give realistic advice I think. I know vet medicine is very competitive - and with having done 3 irrelevant subjects at A level already - and desperately needing at least an A in A2 biology to stand a good chance (2 other hard sciences too, to be competitive), it looks like it will be too much to catchup on, as the OP has realised.

Not saying she could never end up working as a vet, but, it looks like studying it may become 1 hurdle too high.. (considering circumstances)

Subjects required at A Level or equivalent AAB (excluding Chemistry and Biology)
you do not have to have chem or biol! like this prelim course at Bristol, you are not allowed to apply for it if you have either of these!!
but yeah you do need AAB at Alevels, so I do guess the OP need to up one of her A levels to an A!!

Latest

Trending

Trending