The Student Room Group

Girly help needed!

Alright, important exam coming up, and I'm on. Nothing seems to take away the pain of stomach cramps except a hot- water bottle. Well, obviously, I can't take that into the exam. I'm really worried I'm going to end up in pain in the exam coupled with the stress of it all, and not do my best. If anyone else has/had this problem I could really do with some advice!
"Girly help needed!"

My Kinda Place
see their advice pages - excellent.
Reply 2
All the pink's a little scary don't you think? :P
Reply 3
Kit_Kat
Alright, important exam coming up, and I'm on. Nothing seems to take away the pain of stomach cramps except a hot- water bottle. Well, obviously, I can't take that into the exam. I'm really worried I'm going to end up in pain in the exam coupled with the stress of it all, and not do my best. If anyone else has/had this problem I could really do with some advice!

Yeh before one of my English exams...I didn't do well but I think that was cos I was so worried about getting cramps and got a bit panicky..if that makes sense. So just don't worry about it....maybe a nice hot bath beforehand? Good luck x
Reply 4
Kit_Kat

go see your doctor, he'll prescribe something to the effect of horse tranquillizers...
drugs are your best bet, try and relax- have a bath
Reply 5
Hehe my friend swears on drugs but I'm more reluctant to take any. Might have to give them a try though! Thanks.
Reply 6
ooo if hot things help you you can get stick on heat pads! They're amazing, Sainsbury's sell them and they're in a little purple pack, i can't remember the make! They are found near the pantyliners etc with the feminine hygiene products. I think maybe they're lilets? Anyway they're quite expensive, come in a pack of two but the heat lasts for hours. Hope this helped. xx
Reply 7
You could take one...I know other people have in the past. Try not to think about it perhaps, just concentrate on the paper - perhaps you will not notice so much.
Try one of those heat things, my mates say they work - nothing used to help me so i had to make it through my second Maths GCSE exma with the cramps. I got sick of nothing working the other month and went on the pill, but best not to unless you want to be having sex etc. But there are pills you can get which help! Hope you're exam goes ok! I know how horrible it is!
Reply 9
Kit_Kat
you can get those new heat pad things that last for about 2 or so hours, they could be good, and fairly discrete too. id load up on nurofen liquid tablets too before you go in, they are the only thing that stopped me from getting pain, even better than the bricks i was prescribed!
Reply 10
go see your doctor. take paracetamol and ibuprofen together, they work well. have a hot drink. try to relax. have a bath at night. consider the contraceptive pill if you haven't already, it works wonders.

and remember: you're not alone. i've suffered with painful periods and i think every girls has. we're all here to support :smile:
Reply 11
I highly recomend the heat stick on pad things. they fit discretly under ur cloathesa and have the same effect as a hot water bottle
Reply 12
Oooh thanks to everyone who's mentioned heat pads! :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending