The Student Room Group

AQA Psychology (A) PYA 4 / PYA 5 January 2005

Hi there,

I was just wondering does anyone here know what questions came up in January 2005 for the A2 AQA Psychology A PYA 4 and/ or PYA 5 papers?
They have not been released onto the AQA website and my school does not do any A2 units in January so I cannot get them from my teacher.

Specifically I am looking to know the questions on body rhythms, sleep and dreaming from physiological psychology, pro and anti-social behaviour from Social and Evolutionary explanations of human behaviour from Comparative in PYA 4.

In PYA 5: Individual Differences, Issues but NOT debates and Approaches.

Thankyou very much to anyone who can provide me with either the questions or just the topic that came up, e.g. From Physiological, was the topic Biological rhythms, Sleep or Dreaming?

Thanks
Felix

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I did PYA4 in jan so I should know this...The sleep one was on the nature of dreams. The social behaviour one was on media influences on pro AND anti-social behaviour (i think). I dont know about the evolution one as we did relationships instead. Hope that helps :smile:. I have PYA5 next week too!
Reply 2
what was the question on for the relationships question in jan then?
Reply 3
Thanks very much Sam, really appreciate it :smile:

I don't think they will ask a topic in June that they have asked in January, so now I can eliminate Dreaming and Media influences from my last-few-days-cramming! :biggrin:
They haven't asked Biological Rhythms in June for the past 3 years so I reckon it's a good bet it will come up. Probably be aggression on the social side.
Reply 4
clarey
what was the question on for the relationships question in jan then?

The relationships question was about inter-personal attraction.
Reply 5
AATTMM
The relationships question was about inter-personal attraction.

damn thats the easy topic i hoped i would get. anyway thanks for that!
good luck everyone. :smile:
Reply 6
Any idea on the physiological section (brain and behaviour question) or questions in the comparative section (I'm studying determinants of animal behaviour and evolutionary explanations of human behaviour).
Reply 7
Also please for the JAN 2005 paper, what came up for:

Visual Perception (unit4)
Mental illness (unit5)

Kinda urgent

Thanks in advance
ps Good luck for Friday boys n Girls :wink:
Reply 8
language and thought and brain and behaviour anybody?
Reply 9
anyone do visual perception ???? need to know what came up in jan05 ??
I know Gibson and gregory didnt so you might wanna revise them
Reply 11
is anyone doing personality and social development?
Anyone know what question came up in january?
AQA JAN 2005

1 outline and evaluate 2 explanations for the origins of prejudice
2 Discuss research (explanations or studies) into interpersonal attraction
3 (a) Outline and evaluate one or more studies relating to media influences on pro social behaviour
(b) Outline and evaluate one or more studies relating to media influences on anti social behaviour
4 Discuss the organisation of lang in the brain
5 Describe and evaluate research (theories and/or studies) relating to the nature of dreams (e.g. content, duration, relationship with the stages of sleep)
6 (a) Outline and evaluate one combined physiological / psychological theory of emotion (e.g. Schachter's cognitive labelling theory).
7 Outline and evaluate one or more theories of face recognition (e.g. Bruce and Young)
8 Describe and evaluate one or more direct theories of visual perceptions (e.g. Gibson)
9 Critically consider research (theories and/or investigations) into social and cultural aspects of lang use (e.g. Bernstein, Labov)
10 Discuss one or more theories of pro social reasoning (e.g. Eisenberg)
11 Discuss research (theories and/or studies) into the formation of identity in adolescence
12 (a) Outline research (theories and/or studies) into how people cope with bereavement
(b) To what extent are there cultural differnces in how people cope with bereavement.
13 (a) outline the nature of classcal and operant conditioning.
(b) Assess the role of either classical or operant conditioning in the behaviour of non human animals
14 Discuss two or more studies of animal lang
15 Outline and evaluate evolutionary explanations of 2 human mental disorders.
Reply 13
Thanks twinkledust. Your a star.
Reply 14
Crazyangel
Thanks twinkledust. Your a star.

:ditto:
Many Many thanks!!!
Reply 15
clarey
damn thats the easy topic i hoped i would get. anyway thanks for that!
good luck everyone. :smile:

Heh, you never know, they can have the same question two times in a row :biggrin:.
Reply 16
THANKS A LOT!!

AATTMM : i hope not, im doing without revising face recognition, bloody hate it, by far the most annoying topic evaa hehe

peace
Reply 17
AQA can and have put the same questions multiple times in a row.
There really is no way of predicting which questions will come up, BUT there are only a limited number of possible questions they can ask. I think the highest number of possible essays I have for one module is about 11-12. Not too bad really.
And a lot of the A02 points are general but can with specific with the right wording.
EG, ignoring null findings (Hayes and Gould), individual differences (Davis), androcentric, Ecological Validity (Heather...I think), Difficulty in quantifying/measuring concepts.
twinkle dust if i saw u i would kiss u thx
anyone got the questions for psychology pya 5, jan 2005?? psychopathology issues and approches is what im looking for! please help me!!

Latest

Trending

Trending