The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Eerm im doing a Stalin paper, does yours cover the economy from 1881 to 19?? and then all of Stalin and then Khruschev, Brezhnev, Gorbachev etc?
Reply 2
No that sounds quite hard. We only have to do from death of Lenin to when WW2 started. Study collectivisation, purges etc and debates surrounding it.
Reply 3
I am :smile:

* Rise of Stalin and the power struggle
* Politics and Purges
* Collectivisation
* Industrialisation
* Life of the Soviet People

It's a source paper and we've been told to allow the sources to loosely drive your answer to both a and b, littering it with own knowledge as you go through.

Although merely a guess, the part B essay question sometimes can be a bit "deep." I'm revising thngs along the line of "Was Stalin brutal, but necessary?" "How popular was Stalin's regime at the time," "Discuss the continuation between Lenin and Stalin" etc.

Part A questions tend to focus on The rise of/reasons for modernisation/reasons for purges etc.

All guesses etc but might help.

What have you been focussing on? :smile:

D xxx
Reply 4
I'm doing this paper too, the part A questions are generally quite nice but we've been told that for part B we should NOT let sources drive our answer. We were told to look at the main thrust of each source and then add other applicable points. We were told to use the sources, where relevant, to back up what we have already said.
Reply 5
My teach reckons collectivisation is gonna come up, though hes never been right before!

Iv asked two different teahcers, my history teacher and my politics one for advice and they both say the opposite of each other!!

I cant seem to get more than 14/20 for part A and i got 33/40 for B but since then my marks been going down! ahh
Reply 6
Part B questions can be *so* nasty though... It all depends. :frown:

No choice on this paper either.... (Are you doing Nazi Germany or did you do the Personal Assignment?)
Reply 7
Er... I'm doing Stalin and Destalinisation...most of the focus however, seems to be on Khrushchev -.-;;
Reply 8
We got to do personal study, mine was on Mandela, not sure I could of faced doing HItler again! We did our other bit of coursework on women's rights.

Part B is nasty, I thinkk its better when its on one issue like purges etc. Cos when its over a time period or comparing Stalin and Lenin theres too much to think about!

All we've learnt bout Khruschev is that Stalin made fun of him and made him dance/sing to his fave song - dogs singing, and put tomatos on his chair when he went out room - not v relevant!
Reply 9
TwickleC
Er... I'm doing Stalin and Destalinisation...most of the focus however, seems to be on Khrushchev -.-;;

Are you doing the Edexcel Unit 6 course? :eek:

Latest

Trending

Trending