The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Its only 100% impossible, if you don't try.
Lots of Formals? Bailey colleges, like Castle i presume.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
If you drag the B grades up then yeah, you can get in.
Can you do the whole 'put them as pending' and get predicted AAA-AAB.

Then yes, why not?
If you get predicted right, then yes. I was predicted AABB and got in, and in the end I only got ABBC :smile: But it was dependent upon my subject: anthropology.

Do it do it do, just try! You'll soon find out your chances
Reply 5
I'm not a French student but grade wise this was exactly my position last year, I went through with abb from L6 but with resits and resits somehow bumped them up. If you love Durham then I'd say go for it. Like everyone said, put your results as pending on your ucas form and as long as your predicted grades are what is required you should be fine.

A word of warning though my friend applied for French with predicted grades AAB, B in French, which although was all they asked, didn't get an offer. Of course it could have been her personal statement etc but I suspect Durham may like the triple A in predictions, or at least an A predicted in French. This isn't fact though, just my suspicions from this one experience.
I suspect they insist on an A in the subject you intend studying.
Reply 7
siobhan.siobhan
Is it worth applying to Durham with that? (im resitting them all & getting them remarked.)

also, I know these threads are melting but; any idea which college might be most lovely for studying French? with lots of formals but still good craic?

Yes, of course you have a chance of getting into Durham! As long as you're predicted AAB/AAA for your A2s and have an awesome personal statement and reference, then there's no reason why you shouldn't get an offer.

As for formals, it depends on the college. I'm at Trevs and we have a good deal of formals, but after a while they just get boring so it's certainly not something which you should use as the deciding factor as to which college you apply to.
Reply 8
Of course you can! I got AABB at AS and got in, and ended up getting AAA at A level so it shows that you can still work up to high grades, its not impossible at all!
Goodluck!
Reply 9
Why only 3 AS levels, or is that what you are taking into A level after dropping one AS?
You only need 3 A levels!
Reply 11
hypocriticaljap
You only need 3 A levels!

Yeah, but the OP says ABB at AS. I thought most people took 4 AS levels then dropped one to have 3 A levels, so that maybe what the OP means.:dontknow:
Many don't.
Some people do seven, but they're stupid and wasting their time.
Reply 14
Thats absolutely fine. I applied when I had just gotten BBU at As and they gave me a conditional offer! They wanted AAB. And I got it.

Latest