The Student Room Group

UCL accommodation swap

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
did you not specifiy a price limit on your accommodation form?
Reply 21
Yes I did, of £135 but for some reason they have ignored this and when I asked them on the phone they said that because I did not select "Low price" as my most important factor they could not meet this.
Reply 22
jt7887
Hi,

I have been offered a room at Frances Gardner house for £168 a week. It's way out of my price range and would like to know if it is possible to switch with anybody. I have already called UCL accommodation who have been very unhelpful and said there is no way to switch, so if you cannot afford it don't come here. Wanting to switch to anywhere relatively near UCL which is cheaper.

Thanks

Hi, I've been offered Ely House which is 93 pounds a week. I'm looking for a swap too. Would you be interested in a swap?
UCL accommodation are a right pain. I can sympathise with you as my offer is £15 a week above what I asked for. Calling them up does nothing, don't try it again. I ended up calling 6 different numbers, each of them referred me to another number and it went nowhere.

Good luck finding a swap =)
Reply 24
alllallll
(edited 13 years ago)
Have you considered the possibility of getting a job?
Reply 26
Yep, Im actively looking for a job. I've literally applied to 50 jobs in London, all sorts of job as well, but Ive haven't got any offers yet :frown:
Reply 27
jt7887
Yep, Im actively looking for a job. I've literally applied to 50 jobs in London, all sorts of job as well, but Ive haven't got any offers yet :frown:

Hen hun

What kinda jobs have you applied for?

If I were you I would get calling around the ULU, UCL bars, Court and Rocket to find out if they have jobs etc. Bar jobs are usually quick and painless if you need emergency cash

Frances Gardner is pretty nice albeit expensive but I bet there will be someone who wants a swap so keep looking. Try the www.uclunion.org site as well
Reply 28
Thanks for your advice, Ive applied for admin, bar, union, assistant Ive wanted to apply for th jobs that the UCL jobshop offer but i need a UCL username and password which I do not have yet :frown: Ive physically gone into quite a few bars around UCL and given them my CV as well. Hopefully something comes ups soon.
Reply 29
hey i'm in the same position as you, i put on my form that the most i was wiling to pay was £130, but i got given frances gardner house also, but can't afford it. any advice you can give me when speaking to ucl? going to ring them tomorrow, or is it completely pointless?
Reply 30
i wish i got that accommodation ! its the place i want to get when i put my app in
Reply 31
Anyone like to swap for large single room Nutford house, catered? I would like any other intercollegiate hall, catered thanks :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
hi there! i got an offer for ifor evans hall which is about 120 pounds if i'm not wrong. do contact me if you'd possibly like to swap!
Reply 33
I'm at UCL and apparently people in other London Colleges who has been offered an Intercollegiate hall accomodation can swap with me. so...Anyone like to swap for large single room Nutford house, catered?£21.70 per night. I would like to go for order of preference:

1)Connaught Hall
2)Commonwealth Hall
3)Hughes Parry Hall

Or any other offers , you can still message me if you like.
Reply 34
and I have that money problem too.. i put maximum price at like £130 quid and they have offered me £152..plus its like 40 min walk to department... so probs going to get a monthly tube and bus pass which costs like 40 quid a month... no way can i afford it.. so a swap is very much appreciated!!!
Hi guys, I've currently been allocated a single room with a sink and common toilet at College Hall, would anyone like to swap with a single ensuite room in College Hall?

The price differential is more than £2000, and I am willing to pay.

If anyone is interested please pm me! thank you :smile:
Hi guys, I've currently been allocated a single room with a sink and common toilet at College Hall, would anyone like to swap with a single ensuite room in College Hall?

Reply 38
bethsutton
hey i'm in the same position as you, i put on my form that the most i was wiling to pay was £130, but i got given frances gardner house also, but can't afford it. any advice you can give me when speaking to ucl? going to ring them tomorrow, or is it completely pointless?

Ive got a shared room at astor, id be happy to swap!
Reply 39
Hi everybody, I've got a single room at Connaught Hall, want to swap over to International Hall. Anybody out there want to swap with me?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending