The Student Room Group

UCL accommodation swap

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Hi guys, I have a large single room at Nutford costing 21.7quid per night it is also catered, any offers please private message me :smile: thanks
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 41
Hello everyone, I have a single bedroom at Connaught Hall, 20.80 per week. Looking to swap for a single study bedroom (catered please) at International Hall. Alternatively, I have also found somebody from Nutford Halls who wants my room, who has proposed a 3 way swap if we can get someone interested. Anybody?
I have a single room on girl's floor at Hughes Parry Hall. 122 pounds a week, including breakfasts and dinners, 10 mins walk from ucl. close to other colleges and tubes.

I like to move out because i want to go to a postgrad hall. email me: [email protected].
Reply 43
I have a single room in Clifford Pugh, 90 pounds per week, generally fairly close to Tube and about 15 minutes from UCL. Will subsidize for anyone swapping for the Halls (especially if singles in International or College), down to 60 if necessary (I want a freshers experience, even though I'm an affiliate). Quote me, or msg me directly to reply.
Reply 44
hey guys
I have been offered a shared room at Campbell House West at £94 a week. it's very close to the ucl main campus, just 2 mins walk from the bloomsbury. But i would like to switch for a single room, so is anyone interested in swapping? Thank you!! =]
Reply 45
Promethe
I have a single room in Clifford Pugh, 90 pounds per week, generally fairly close to Tube and about 15 minutes from UCL. Will subsidize for anyone swapping for the Halls (especially if singles in International or College), down to 60 if necessary (I want a freshers experience, even though I'm an affiliate). Quote me, or msg me directly to reply.

I have a single in Ramsay and would like to swap. Are you still looking?
Reply 46
Original post by isabel1121
I have a single in Ramsay and would like to swap. Are you still looking?

would you be willing to swap to a single self catered in Campbell House East? it's about a minutes walk from union/main quad and the only real reason i'm looking to swap is that I've got lots of friends at Ramsay!
[email protected] is my email if you want to chat! x
Reply 47
Original post by jt7887
Yes I did, of £135 but for some reason they have ignored this and when I asked them on the phone they said that because I did not select "Low price" as my most important factor they could not meet this.

UCL accommodation is crap. I'm pretty sure all they look at is the most important factor - my friend got £60 over her limit because she put 'proximity' as important so they put her in the most expensive intercollegiate halls. And I put low price meaning I just wanted them to stay in my limit but they put me in the cheapest halls possible without looking at what my limit was.

Edit: didn't realise this thread was so old sorry!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 48
hey guys, I have a large single room at Nutford Housewhich costs 21.7quid per night. Just message me if you are interested. Thanks =)
Hi. I have a single room at Ifor Evans for £141 pw, its catered and the flatmates are lovely. It's a very nice place to live but I want to swap for something closer to UCL. PM me if you're interested
Reply 50
Original post by rosalowis

Original post by rosalowis
the only real reason i'm looking to swap is that I've got lots of friends at Ramsay!

Big name :smile:
Reply 51
Original post by Rokit
Hen hun

What kinda jobs have you applied for?

If I were you I would get calling around the ULU, UCL bars, Court and Rocket to find out if they have jobs etc. Bar jobs are usually quick and painless if you need emergency cash

Frances Gardner is pretty nice albeit expensive but I bet there will be someone who wants a swap so keep looking. Try the www.uclunion.org site as well

Be very very careful OP

My friend this year stayed at Frances Gardner. It was a fraction cheaper than it was this year (but not all that much).

Her room was incredibly damp and she got carpet mushrooms (yes mushrooms!) growing in her room. (I have a link to photographs of this as evidence). Apparently they were incredibly unhelpful and it was during exam time.

I'd shove this in UCL accommodation's faces if I were you and try and find a swapsies.
Reply 52
I found out I got allocated a non-ensuite, self-catered room at Langton Close but now really want to be going to Astor College or Schafer House and was wondering if anyone was up for swapping? Also if anyone else has different accomodation to Astor and Schafer and would like to swap i'm open to anything!
Reply 53
is langton close really that bad?~~~
i was allocated there too
Just out of curiosity what's wrong with Langton? I have no faith in being put in max rayne or astor which i asked for on a note but generally I was hoping they're all fairly similar.
Reply 55
Langton Close is fine. It's not too far away, nice area.

Why do you want to swap?
Reply 56
Noo I've heard really great things about it, just because I already live in London and its so close to my house so just wanted to be a little a bit further away from home! Nevermind though I'm lucky to have got any accomodation at all!
Reply 57
Original post by abelhirsch
Noo I've heard really great things about it, just because I already live in London and its so close to my house so just wanted to be a little a bit further away from home! Nevermind though I'm lucky to have got any accomodation at all!

You really are, considering you live within the M25.
How did you all find out? Why haven't I been told yet? I have an unconditional offer and don't know where my accom is :/ Did they email you? Post? How do you all know?
Original post by ThisIsMyMoment
How did you all find out? Why haven't I been told yet? I have an unconditional offer and don't know where my accom is :/ Did they email you? Post? How do you all know?

They email you with your accommodation offer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending