The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Depends on the course and the institution. £3,000 for fees and £10,000 for expenses seems to be the general advice on a lot of university websites. Have a look at the data provided by the institution you're interested in.
Reply 2
£12 000
Reply 3
Mine cost me a good £12 000 for EVERYTHING and that's with working part time on top :smile:
apotoftea
Mine cost me a good £12 000 for EVERYTHING and that's with working part time on top :smile:

:eek: Scary.

For meek lil' me, anyway. :o:
Reply 5
£7,500 for fees.. £3.5k for accomodation (12 months).. and £1-2k living costs? (on average)

So around £12k?
Reply 6
Some masters cost £20,000. So it depends on what you are going for.
Reply 7
I ended up just under 10,000 down, but I worked pretty hard and made my living costs as cheap as I could.
It depends on the course. Fees for Arts, Humanities etc will often be lower than their business counterparts (mine's £3,390 for the year, plus £12,000 living costs which I split with my wife)
Reply 9
Mine cost about £8,000 for everything, but I was living at home so had no real living expenses to worry about.
LLB Kevin
Mine cost about £8,000 for everything, but I was living at home so had no real living expenses to worry about.

How much was the fee for your course? (I know I ask a lot of questions, but I'm an inquisitive person... :o:)
WTF are you all on about?? £20,000 tuiton fees for a year?? I'm doing a B.Sc and A M.Sc all in one go, and it costs a total of £12900 for four years!
Reply 12
joelio36
WTF are you all on about?? £20,000 tuiton fees for a year?? I'm doing a B.Sc and A M.Sc all in one go, and it costs a total of £12900 for four years!

You lucky **** :smile:

Btw, I think the 20,000 was for living costs as well as tuition fees though.
joelio36

That's because you are doing an undergraduate masters which is a totally different ball game funding wise.

My Masters fees are just under 4K. In total I'm expecting it to cost around 13K.
Reply 14
Well a MSc in accounting and finance at LSE costs £20,000 for tuition only.
Reply 15
What's an undergraduate masters? Is it the same as an combined Bachelors/Masters?
joelio36

That's an undergraduate master's - not a postgraduate qualification.

SleepyGrad
What's an undergraduate masters? Is it the same as an combined Bachelors/Masters?

It's a 4 year undergraduate course where your qualification will be something like a MSci. It has no standing in the postgraduate world and it is NOT equivalent to a one/two year actual Master's course.
Reply 17
The postgraduate programs that I've been looking at range between £18,000 and £22,000, but I'm an international student so my fees are higher than home/EU (as you probably already know).
Reply 18
Nobody has taken into account their lost of earnings for that year. ie. not going straight into a graduate job. I don't take into account living costs because ultimately your going to be paying that whether your working or studying (apart from car expenses and council tax). I figure doing in MSc that costs £3,500 would set you back around £20,000 overall taking into account a lose of earnings on a salary of £24,000 (£17,500 after tax, NI, student loan). Just my way of thinking.
shuvle
Nobody has taken into account their lost of earnings for that year. ie. not going straight into a graduate job. I don't take into account living costs because ultimately your going to be paying that whether your working or studying (apart from car expenses and council tax). I figure doing in MSc that costs £3,500 would set you back around £20,000 overall taking into account a lose of earnings on a salary of £24,000 (£17,500 after tax, NI, student loan). Just my way of thinking.

That's on the basis you actually get a graduate level job

Latest

Trending

Trending