The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
FO Average Grades. You're just making me feel bad :\

But apply to Nottingham or summat.
I do think that you would struggle to get into a top 10 university to be honest.
Reply 22
beatleboar
Paulwhy is the man you need but I will make a guess
firstly .. you have no A*'s at GCSE
secondly .. no further maths ?
thridly .. business studies is not so much of a problem as long as you get your tutor person to mention this in you reference.
fourthly .. B in maths doesn't keep you in good stead and niether does the C in chemistry to be honest.

(If you were to apply to a Top 11 University)

So generally universities out side of Paulwhy's Top 11 universities for economics will be fine. I believe.

^^^ highlights why I said average grades for an economics applicant..:yep:

What about if I get AAA this year and was to do economics (full alevel)+further maths AS and get 2 A's - could i then apply well for the top 11 or do they not like them being done over 2 years?
KaylaCakes
FO Average Grades. You're just making me feel bad :\

But apply to Nottingham or summat.

Definitely don't apply to Nottingham with them GCSE's.
Stop giving advice on something you don't have the faintest idea on.
Nottingham love thier GCSE's for Economics and usually want 7+ A*'s at GCSE.
Reply 24
Why are you saying average grades? People like you make me angry
Reply 25
Progashman

What about if I get AAA this year and was to do economics (full alevel)+further maths AS and get 2 A's - could i then apply well for the top 11 or do they not like them being done over 2 years?

I suppose then I wouldn't even be in a good position because of lack off A*'s at GCSE. Anyone got a time machine?:eek3:
Progashman

Let me get this clear, you want to get your A levels and in your gap year you would do an economics A level and further maths as level?

If this is the case no need to the economics A level, you need to get into your head that business studies is not weak when applying for economics, if your school doesn't offer it. Secondly if I was you I would want to do the full A level of further maths in a year and maybe an AS level in Physics. Then apply with AAAAac at A level will stand you in good stead for a top 11 university. Make sure that you keep Maths, business and that other one your doing lol in two years and then what would be your gap year do further maths to A2 and if I was you I would want to do the Physics A level , at least to as level within a year. This would stand you in far greater stead for a top 11 university providing they don't care much for your GCSE'S so Nottingham and LSE keep clear off and maybe Durham but the rest you should be fine with.
Progashman
I suppose then I wouldn't even be in a good position because of lack off A*'s at GCSE. Anyone got a time machine?:eek3:

Only the three universities that I have stated give any "real" concern into GCSE's.
Oh not another I got average grades thread ! ! !

*really they´re not but I just wanted an excuse to publish them*
Reply 29
Average?! Jeeeeezzzzzzz :|
Reply 30
AntiMonarchist
Oh not another I got average grades thread ! ! !

*really they´re not but I just wanted an excuse to publish them*

Yes, when other people have 10 A*'s and 4 A's at AS level publishing my results makes me look really smart(!):cool:

@ Beatleboar
yes, I was thinking get my 3 A's this year, and take some A-levels in my gap year. How would I go about getting predicted a grade in the a-levels i decided to take, and would unis look upon my application unfavourably or is ok seeing as I'm not doing them over 3 years, just taking an extra year to do extras
Average grades?! I was thinking something like 3 C's.
Reply 32
sandeep90
Average grades?! I was thinking something like 3 C's.

That's UK average,

TSR average is AAAAAAAA.
Reply 33
Average is all C's you retard
Clearly you shouldn't bother with those grades.
Start building up your shelf-stacking skills now. /sarcasm

Honestly, look at the places that have a course you would be very happy doing, then narrow them down to your two high grades, two alright grades and one low grade.
Progashman
Ya I'm a nob, didn't really study much at all last year apart! HOW I WISH I could start year 12 again and pick decent subjects..:frown:

And me. :frown:
Reply 36
av2606
Prick, that's all I have to say

Keep em coming! :woo: :woo: :woo:
Reply 37
apply wherever you want, your AS results/ A level predictions are really good, faaar above average; just your gcses that might hold you back a bit from 2-3 top unis, but i doubt it

ps LOL at the caution in the thread title, you're a prick, but that was funny :p:

by the way business studies is a bit of a joke subject, hopefully your school not offering economics is a good enough excuse to be doing it
Reply 38
Nfixlol
apply wherever you want, your AS results/ A level predictions are really good, faaar above average; just your gcses that might hold you back a bit from 2-3 top unis, but i doubt it

ps LOL at the caution in the thread title, you're a prick, but that was funny :p:

by the way business studies is a bit of a joke subject, hopefully your school not offering economics is a good enough excuse to be doing it

Yeah I know business is a joke, been told enough times!
Jesus these people know absolutely nothing.

Latest

Trending

Trending