The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Rubgish
theres no such thing as way to many calories, just too little excercise :smile:

Too little/no exercise at the moment doesn't help but I am having way too many calories :frown:
Need to go on a diet
Reply 21
2000 is recommended for women

But you can work out how many calories you need to maintain your current weight and how many to reduce fat or gain it(for weight training).

so you'll find women eating 1500-2000 depending on there size. or 2000+ if they're training hard :yep:

I eat ~3000 a day

If 2000 is the average needed for certain heights, surely people would be in the range of 1500-2500? (for a healthy diet anyway)
Reply 22
Why is everyone eating so little on this thread????
Reply 23
~emy~
Too little/no exercise at the moment doesn't help but I am having way too many calories :frown:
Need to go on a diet

Doing some excercise is much more fun than dieting, and better for you too, with the same results :smile:
Reply 24
Natasha_c
If 2000 is the average needed for certain heights, surely people would be in the range of 1500-2500? (for a healthy diet anyway)

Yeah thats what i was saying? :eek:

For example

you work out your BMR

You times that by one of the following:

If you are sedentary (little or no exercise) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.2
If you are lightly active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.375
If you are moderatetely active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.55
If you are very active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days a week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.725
If you are extra active (very hard exercise/sports & physical job or 2x training) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.9

then you take away 200-500 calories to loose fat.

If they're eating less than 1500, they're idiots.
Too much. I'd rather not count!
Reply 26
Yeah thats what i was saying? :eek:

For example

you work out your BMR

You times that by one of the following:

If you are sedentary (little or no exercise) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.2
If you are lightly active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.375
If you are moderatetely active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.55
If you are very active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days a week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.725
If you are extra active (very hard exercise/sports & physical job or 2x training) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.9

then you take away 200-500 calories to loose fat.

If they're eating less than 1500, they're idiots.

Its just that you said only above 2000 if their very active that confused me.
What BMR????
Between 1800 - 2500 I reckon
Reply 28
1300, btw how does everyone calculate their calories? roughly or online?
Generally under 1200.
Reply 30
Natasha_c
Its just that you said only above 2000 if their very active that confused me.
What BMR????

BMR:

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

if you eat the number of calories it tells you, thats how you maintain your current weight. Its a rough guide i suppose, you still need a balanced diet!
I have no idea, but I think 1500-1800 usually? Why do people eat so little on here?????
Smoosh
About 500-1000 calories.

Lauren__x
Under 600.

Either lies or you're horribly malnourished.

I'd say about 3000 on average for me, though it varies a lot.
Reply 33
Rubgish
Doing some excercise is much more fun than dieting, and better for you too, with the same results :smile:

Fun? Oh no I hate exercise :s-smilie:
I'd much rather eat less and do a little exercise on the days I can be bothered. Yes, I'm lazy as hell :smile:
Reply 34
I eat when my body tell's me it want's more food.
Reply 35
BMR:

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

if you eat the number of calories it tells you, thats how you maintain your current weight. Its a rough guide i suppose, you still need a balanced diet!

wow I usually eat waaaay more then that and have mantained the same weight... must be a high motabolism lol
Why do you add 500?
Reply 37
Natasha_c
wow I usually eat waaaay more then that and have mantained the same weight... must be a high motabolism lol

Could be various things.

I imagine you exercise regularly :biggrin:
Reply 38
Totally varies on the day, and what food there is at home.
Yesterday I had about 800 (and was frigging hungry too!)
Today I had about 1800+
But usually it must be around 1000 or just under.

Don't know how someone could eat like 3000 calories in a day unless it was just all junk food.
Reply 39
3500 on weekends , 2700- 2900 on weekdays! booyackashaa

Latest