The Student Room Group

When to apply to ucas for a second year transfer?

hi,

i would like to do a second year transfer and have been told by loughborugh uni to apply through UCAS as this is the only way they accept. Would this be the same as what I did last year in the sense that i would have to apply to 5 unis and then have to choose 2 as firm and insuracne?. When would be the right time to send the application and also how would the grades or the requirements work?, i mean what would they ask for like 2.1,2.2?
Exactly the same process, but with Stage Two entry selected as opposed to Stage One.

Send it off ASAP.

And they will probably ask for a condition of 50-60%. Mine was 60%.
I had a set university in mind so I arranged to meet with them & see if I could have a place, once they agreed, I submitted my UCAS form including personal statement and was required to have proof of a pass during my first year :smile: - but obviously this is slightly different as I was only applying to one institution.
Reply 3
got one question related to the topic. Who does your reference???
I used my personal tutor who based it upon my first year academics and a quick chat with me.
Reply 5
GodspeedGehenna
Exactly the same process, but with Stage Two entry selected as opposed to Stage One.

Send it off ASAP.

And they will probably ask for a condition of 50-60%. Mine was 60%.

so i can apply to 5 unis at stage 2 entry? and would i have to contact the unis first before i apply to ask if they would accept me or do i apply straight away?
jaison2
so i can apply to 5 unis at stage 2 entry? and would i have to contact the unis first before i apply to ask if they would accept me or do i apply straight away?

You need to call them first. When I did it, I only found one university which accepted second year entry. You might have to repeat the first year.
Reply 7
GodspeedGehenna
I used my personal tutor who based it upon my first year academics and a quick chat with me.

thanks for replying,
Reply 8
In your personal statement did you talk about why you are looking to change university after the first year or concentrate on your personal skills like the original statement?

Latest

Trending

Trending