The Student Room Group

i need psychology help pleeease

Hi, i'm in the process of writing my Personal Statement
i've chosen to do psychology (although it has been hard for me to choose becuase i keep changing my mind)
i have settled with psychology now anyway
i've been looking at York, Exeter, Warwick and Leeds University
is anyone at those uni's that could give me an insight as to what the course / place is like?
or help with tips for my PS?
or generally just chat to me about the whole thing?
thankyou :smile:
my email is: [email protected]
feel free to add me if that would be easier
Any more specific questions? Cba to write an essay.
Reply 2
do you go to any of those unis?
Nah.
Reply 4
I very nearly ended up at Warwick for Postgrad so I have a reasonably good idea of the department. A relatively small department, which doesn't have much neurosciency/scanner/animal stuff at all, but is very strong in the stuff it does do. Of the four, York certainly has the best reputation, but they're all good so go and see which you like for yourself.

As for the PS, look on the site's wiki and there's quite a few example statements on there. Then of course, when you've got a draft down put it in PS help and we can give you feedback and advice.
There are plenty of tips on here about writing personal statements, so take a look as they will give you some guidance. Think about why you want to do psychology/why you are suited to it/what you want to do with it - remember that you need to analyse and reflect rather than just describe.
When you have written your statement, post it on the PS Help forums and one of the lovely helpers will go through it for you :smile:

Latest