The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Which college to apply to?

Hey guys,
Im gonna be finishing my UCAS form pretty soon but before I wanna send it, I wanna make sure I put the right college down. Ive looked on the website but I think the Durham website is pretty bad and hard to navigate round so apologies if these questions are answered on the site but I couldnt find the answers. I want a college which is self-catering and somewhere I can have an en-suite room which isnt shared! Those are the main two features, I suppose everything else is a bonus.

But im planning on doing Software Engineering if that makes a difference, im from a public school and am pretty down to earth, im not snobby or a toff or anything. Just your average guy who likes to have a few drinks and stuff. I dont mind travelling to lectures, within reason and thats about it really aha :s-smilie:

Thanks in advance :smile:
Reply 1
Butler would be the logical choice I think. Although I can't remember the other self catered colleged tbh.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Butler meets the criteria best, Cuth's second (you can definitely get self-catered, and thus definitely not shared, but you might not get an en-suite). Cuth's main benefit over Butler is its famous atmosphere :wink: However, Butler fits the accommodation bill best. The rest are out as they're all catered.
Reply 3
Thats good then, I originally put Butler down but ive seen people talking badly about it on here? I just wondering whether its not that good or something haha.
Reply 4
Well you said you dont mind travelling so you should be ok!
Reply 5
How far is it from the uni itself then?
It's further from things and it's perhaps lacking in atmosphere a little - particularly the bar - but otherwise it'll be fine, like any other college really.
Reply 7
haha
Reply 8
Might get myself a bike or something :P
Reply 9
The Durham website is good!!

But yes - Butler should be the best for you :smile:

Latest