The Student Room Group

What is your IB predicted grades?

Scroll to see replies

Oh. Hm, I guess my school made a mistake. Or maybe I did. :p:
Definitely do maths studies instead of maths standard level if you don't think you will need maths later on - it may well drag down your mark for no reason whatsoever.
Reply 22
moonwalking
Definitely do maths studies instead of maths standard level if you don't think you will need maths later on - it may well drag down your mark for no reason whatsoever.

Although if you think you can get a 7 in Maths Standard then it will look more impressive than if you get it in Maths Studies.
Reply 23
paradise_lost
you applied to take 3 sciences?

Ya I got my school to apply for me, because I want to study medicine and having three sciences seemed more useful than having a humanities.
Fabian13
Although if you think you can get a 7 in Maths Standard then it will look more impressive than if you get it in Maths Studies.

true, it definitely would look better - see if who is teaching it is a good teacher and whether you like the course content better than maths studies
Reply 25
Max Hinks
History H - 7 GCSE A
Biology H - 6 GCSE A and B
English H - 5/6 GCSE A (Gcse is nothing compared to Ib English)

Italian Abnib - 5 - N/A
Film Studies - 7 - N/A
Maths Studies - 7 - GCSE B

Overal Gcses: 3A*'s 7A's 4Bs and a C

I'm going to make my self get that 6 in English :P

Woah, a lot of you people here seem to be doing pretty well in history. What is it about? Is it okay if I didnt take history for GCSE? Etc...etc...?
Ignore this one :P
swirlypop
Woah, a lot of you people here seem to be doing pretty well in history. What is it about? Is it okay if I didnt take history for GCSE? Etc...etc...?

Well for me i've got a really good teacher, it's my favourite subject and I want to do it and University. Lots of people in my class didn't do GCSE or did but did different stuff, but it's certainly advantage. We do lots of different stuff, 19th century foreign policy (Russia, Austro-Hungarian empire, Ottoman Empire, German Empire, British and French too) Also we do Russian domestic policies, we also do Germany 1918 - 1945 Italy 1918-1945 Russia 1918 - 1945, International relations in general and I think Cold War and China too, but we've not started this stuff about it. There is a hell of alot to remember, and it's one of those subjects that you need to remember lots, thats the hard thing, but if your good at English the writing process isn't too hard.
:ditto: pretty much what max said, our teacher is amazing.
English A1 HL -7
Chinese B HL - 7
Mathematics SL -7
Geography HL -6
Biology SL -6
Business&Management SL -7

EE - Nada
TOK -Nada.. ( Got to finish it by October 15th!)

So 40 overall.
i also got predicted 40+ but now i started to worry :frown: ...
how am i gonna get so high marks??????
i will die preparing for the exams or maximum during the exam session :frown: ...
teodorayankova
i also got predicted 40+ but now i started to worry :frown: ...
how am i gonna get so high marks??????
i will die preparing for the exams or maximum during the exam session :frown: ...

Same here. I'm drinking 5 cups of coffee daily, red bull and this japanese drink called 力保健, sleeping at 3 at night daily. Feeling pretty ****** up nowadays....................
it's a nightmare.. i just sent off my application with predicted 42 points so i guess i don't have much choice but do my best...:eek3:

hope everybody gets what they want :smile:
Reply 33
Seriously, everyone.

DON'T STRESS TOO MUCH.

Make sure your coursework's in order and handed in by the deadlines, revise enough so that you aren't completely at a loss in May, but get enough sleep and look after yourselves. Don't worry about whether you'll make your predicted grades. Generally if you work hard and submit decent coursework that hasn't been written in a night you'll get the grade you deserve (which is often higher than your predicted), unless you get a bad question on the exam - and then that's not your fault, it's just unlucky.

I know these few months are tough, but hang in there. I survived and came through with a good score, and I'm sure you all will too. Good luck :smile:
Icarus_atwnim
Same here. I'm drinking 5 cups of coffee daily, red bull and this japanese drink called 力保健, sleeping at 3 at night daily. Feeling pretty ****** up nowadays....................

same here. don't worry it's just for the next 8 months then we will be free foreveeeeeeeeeeeeeer:woo: :smile:
Reply 35
I hope you guys do greattt in your IB exams. I am preparing for my GCSE exams in coming may!! I have to choose my subjects and I am dwelling over whether or not to take history...since I've never taken it for GCSE. And a lot of ppl at my school are like ITS BORING DONT TAKE IT and some are like YEH ITS QUITE INTERESTING. AHHH i dont know. What if the teachers are really crap? And I don't know about that either...because I dont do history.

I DONT WANNA DO IB D:biggrin:: Also dwelling over economics and geography.
If you don't want to do the IB, don't. It's an awful lot of work, and you're never going to want to do it if you don't even want to be on the IB :dontknow:
swirlypop
I hope you guys do greattt in your IB exams. I am preparing for my GCSE exams in coming may!! I have to choose my subjects and I am dwelling over whether or not to take history...since I've never taken it for GCSE. And a lot of ppl at my school are like ITS BORING DONT TAKE IT and some are like YEH ITS QUITE INTERESTING. AHHH i dont know. What if the teachers are really crap? And I don't know about that either...because I dont do history.

I DONT WANNA DO IB D:biggrin:: Also dwelling over economics and geography.

Take History!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I regret I didn't take it over Geography, now I spend my days memorizing the differences between buttes and steepes (Think of the two as big rock mountains). If you take history you can know the difference between ****-ass propoganda and what really-mother-******* happened.
Reply 38
SuicidalLemming
If you don't want to do the IB, don't. It's an awful lot of work, and you're never going to want to do it if you don't even want to be on the IB :dontknow:

I dunno, I didn't really want to take the IB but I was just too lazy to move schools. Now, whilst I wouldn't say I love it, I can certainly appreciate it is good for me and the hatred is a jokey one similar to all I think that do the IB xD
Reply 39
Icarus_atwnim
Take History!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I regret I didn't take it over Geography, now I spend my days memorizing the differences between buttes and steepes (Think of the two as big rock mountains). If you take history you can know the difference between ****-ass propoganda and what really-mother-******* happened.

I KNOWWW but then 70% of the people I asked who are currently doing history now say that it is reallyyy boring and pointless and everyone sleeps. The other 30% says that its okay quite interesting.

OMG I DONT KNOW D: it also depends on the teacher, i understand.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending