The Student Room Group

What is your IB predicted grades?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
SL maths 7 (IGCSE A)
SL english 5 (IGCSE and GCSE BB)
SL Biology 7 (IGCSE tripple award AA,but bio got 83%)
HL Chinese B 7(IGCSE A*)
HL Theatre Arts 6 (IGCSE A*)
HL Econ 6 (GCSE A)

EE (Chinese) Pred A
Tok Pred A/B

-TOK EE marks - 38
Reply 41
I just started IB and I'm doing some of the subjects you're doing.

For my gcses, I did alright, considering that I spent my whole studying leave skiing in whistler, oops! I wasn't satisfied with my B :\

Maths: A*
Biology: A*
Chemistry: A*
English Lit: A
English Lang: A
Physics: A*
Drama: B (WTF moment)
History: A
Geography: A
ICT: A
Physics: A*

In my opinion SL maths, is fine. If you have a general understanding of maths, and you find gcses easy then SL isn't that bad. SL chemistry which I also do however, you must always pay attention, maths REALLY helps, it's crucial that you enjoy chemistry as well. As for english, I do HL, but still, with english you really have to be open and enthusiastic to new ideas. Never ever be cynical in english, unless you're trying to formulate a very strong argument, always be open to topics, and yes over-analysis is compulsory.
Reply 42
What is your Ib predicted grades.
Please.
Reply 43
As for my projected grades:

English HL:7
History HL:7
Biology HL:6

French SL:3
Chemistry SL:7
Math SL:6

EE:A
TOK:A

Total: 42/48
Reply 44
Crylon

O.o how can you get a total out of 48?

My predicted IB grades are:

Biology HL 7
Chemistry HL 7
Mathematics HL 7
Chinese B HL 7

Economics SL 7
English A1 SL 6

TOK A
EE A

My english teacher doesn't believe in giving out 7s... :P
Some crazy people in the year below me are doing 7 IB subjects (Further Maths).
IB predicted:

French SL-- took it and got a 4
Math SL-- 5/6
Chemistry SL-- 5/6
Physics HL-- 5/6
English HL-- 6/7
History HL-- 6/7

TOK (predicted a B after first draft)
Extended Essay (predicted a B after first draft)

So I would say anything from 30-35. :P
Reply 46
Swiffy
O.o how can you get a total out of 48?

My predicted IB grades are:

Biology HL 7
Chemistry HL 7
Mathematics HL 7
Chinese B HL 7

Economics SL 7
English A1 SL 6

TOK A
EE A

My english teacher doesn't believe in giving out 7s... :P
Some crazy people in the year below me are doing 7 IB subjects (Further Maths).

Woah you're lucky you get to take 4 HLs!!
Our school won't allow it.
Reply 47
:P my school, on the other hand strongly reccomended me to take the 4th HL (Chinese B) because I had strong gcse grades. It was quite hard at first because they couldn't organise my timetable so I ended up doing some of the lessons afterschool. Now, they're during lunchtimes - -
Let me clear things up a tad. All schools have to submit predicted grades to IB Cardiff, anytime up until three weeks before the may exam session starts.

Also, from the Vade Mecum 09:

"The predicted grade is the teacher's prediction of the grade the candidate is expected to achieve in the subject, based on all the evidence of the candidate's work and the teacher's knowledge of IB standards."

"The IB has no policy on whether predicted grades should be released to candidates; this is left to
the discretion of the school".

With 7-8 months left for us may 2010ers, I don't think we can bank on our predicted grades being 100% accurate.
Crylon
As for my projected grades:

English HL:7
History HL:7
Biology HL:6

French SL:3
Chemistry SL:7
Math SL:6

EE:A
TOK:A

erm no. I think you'll find that totals 39/45
Reply 50
My predicted grades:

English HL - 6 (A* at GCSE)
French HL - 6 (A* at GCSE)
Economics HL - 7

Biology - 6 (A at GCSE)
Maths - 6 (A* at GCSE)
Psychology - 6

TOK - A; EE - don't know, probably B.

Which gives me 37 without bonus points, 39/40 with.
yemisdate
Which gives me 37 without bonus points, 39/40 with.

errr no. With those grades for TOK (A) and EE (B) you'd get 3 bonus points totaling 40/45. (Unless by 39/40 you mean 39 or 40, which would be a lot less confusing if you wrote it that way)
Reply 52
Jamesop
I'm predicted 45/45 and take:
Chem HL
Math HL
Physics HL

English SL
German B SL
Bio SL

My extended essay is math based.

To be honest the IB has not seemed nearly as hard to me as many people make it out to be. I usually go out Fridays/Saturdays and then if I have to do a little bit of work when I need to. If you're clever then I would advise taking sciences and math, because you get very little course work, and the only work you really need to do is study, which you don't have to do much of if you get it (except pre test etc.)
Good Luck!

pfff wait till you reach your exams in may and then see who's clever
this one has three sciences..
45/45... it's just pointless to be predicted such a high grades because you would be just fine with something less risky like 41-42
Reply 54
fizzicsfiend
errr no. With those grades for TOK (A) and EE (B) you'd get 3 bonus points totaling 40/45. (Unless by 39/40 you mean 39 or 40, which would be a lot less confusing if you wrote it that way)

Oop sorry. Yes, 39 or 40 out of 45. I doubt I'm going to get three bonus points so am relying on two :P
yemisdate
Oop sorry. Yes, 39 or 40 out of 45. I doubt I'm going to get three bonus points so am relying on two :P

Alrighty. Just checking. Someone up there^ put their total out of 48?! :s-smilie:
Reply 56
teodorayankova
this one has three sciences..
45/45... it's just pointless to be predicted such a high grades because you would be just fine with something less risky like 41-42

I didn't ask for them, I was predicted them. I wasn't about to go ask my teachers to move them down for me.
and why do you have three sciences?????

i know it is possible but my IBC told me they do it in rear situations when the uni the candidate is interested in requires the three sciences which by the way is rear usually chemistry and biology will do just perfect

:smile:
Reply 58
shall u include the bonus in the predicted grade? or not? rationale?

thanks
Reply 59
Guys I have a 43 predicted..which is great I know!!! But tell me if you think this is fair..
I have been a consistent 7 in math HL...and he predicted me a 6..a grade he planted out of the air I suppose?
In english I have a predicted 6..and I have gotten consistent 7...Im happy with a 6 in english..but a friend of mine who got consistent 5's got a 6 predicted!
So how fair is it that I am predicted as I am?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending