The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 21
Their tanks look like they were made in the 1950's, oh dear.
Reply 22
Why is everyone bashing China. Hell, we were still hanging people less than 50 years ago :rofl:
Ewan
Why is everyone bashing China. Hell, we were still hanging people less than 50 years ago :rofl:

China has one of the highest per capita execution rates in the world so I don't really see your point?
i once participated in the military review on china's 50th national day! so proud! :h:
Reply 25
Yeah, what a great country. Happy birthday - you deserve it. No really. Well done. You have SO much to be proud of!
mikeyd85

how cocky you are! lol but be careful! don't be run over!:wink:
Reply 27

Happy birthday.
Original post by &#34183
how cocky you are! lol but be careful! don't be run over!:wink:

Not even the full might of the Red Army could stand up to the indomitable force of the awesome smilie. :awesome:
foru17
lol....
we could make our nation better,igonring your hates and jealousy.
We r changing and what you could see is that we have changed a lot and improved a lot.
most of us love our party just like most of you love yours.

Firstly, hates and jelousy? :lol: Pull the other one.

And secondly, you may love your party, but we don't love ours.
Happy Birthday China. :woo: :party:
Reply 31
quadruple_twist
China has one of the highest per capita execution rates in the world so I don't really see your point?

Society takes time to develope. China is doing what took us centuries in a matter of decades. Besides, who are we to say what is right?
Reply 32
You're nation is much older than 60 though. Don't forget that. Just because you're under Communist rule doesn't mean that you've been reborn.
Reply 33
quadruple_twist

i don't agree with u,2...
Reply 34
chidona

Happy birthday.

every country has its dark side...Most of our chinese don't care about policy as your guys.
You could not deny that china has improved a lot in human rights though much left we nedd to change
China is so big that our party and government can not solve all this problems in such 60 or 30 years.
We can't talk so much but there is no need for us to talk that much.
Without doubt,China is developing country and in a sense it has developed just 30 years.
Your so called civilized countries has your "responsibility" in saving and changing the world.(lol,Brown said it)...
But our party has it responsibility in making us live a better life and we lived a better life.
It's the history that chose our party.
And we are making a new history.
Reply 35
Happy birthday to a glorious communist state.

Keep the Red Flag Flying High.
Reply 36
:sigh:

Happy Birthday, China.
Reply 37
foru17

Tbh, I never said anything. I don't feel the West is any better.

That said, atrocity isn't relative. A lot of the human rights violations can be traced back to China's style of Governance. In celebrating 60 years of the party you're also celebrating (in part) 60 years of bloodshed an oppression. Sure, some achievements are notable and worthy of celebration (falling poverty- although inequality has risen), but it would be unjust to push that to the back of your mind and focus on the pretty colours.
azhao
I'm sure a lot of Chinese people went to see this.

Well they may think that. But only because the party has told them to.
Reply 39
chidona
Tbh, I never said anything. I don't feel the West is any better.

That said, atrocity isn't relative. A lot of the human rights violations can be traced back to China's style of Governance. In celebrating 60 years of the party you're also celebrating (in part) 60 years of bloodshed an oppression. Sure, some achievements are notable and worthy of celebration (falling poverty- although inequality has risen), but it would be unjust to push that to the back of your mind and focus on the pretty colours.

Thus we need to do something ,to learn something. I hope this generation (born after 80s and 90s) can change our nation into a better country. But it needs time.

Latest

Trending

Trending