The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
:no:
N'castle & Leicester on top of my head.
Reply 3
any more?
Reply 4
St Georges does I think and Leeds (via Bradford Clinical Sciences)
Reply 5
Hygeia
St Georges does I think and Leeds (via Bradford Clinical Sciences)

Not in the first year it doesn't...

Newcastle and Bradford off the top of my head...
Reply 6
Democracy
Not in the first year it doesn't...

Newcastle and Bradford off the top of my head...

Yeah, it does fast track into year 3 instead doesn't it :facepalm: forgot that!

http://www.sgul.ac.uk/undergraduate/biomedical-science
Reply 7
There's someone in my year in Glasgow that transferred into first year of medicine after finishing one year of biology - it's very rare though and you really need to be top of your year, rather than just over 70%. You'd be better off taking a gap year and reapplying.
As the question says. basically I cant find this info anywhere on the search function or uni's websutes, can anyone help?
Reply 9
oo yee, i need to know to!!!
i know leicester does!
i hope UCL does though, beacause i really want to go there
=)
Reply 10
Have you thought about doing clinical science at bradford or newcastle? The first year is exactly the same as medicine and if you achieve excellent marks in your exams and have a good interview and pass UKCATS you can tranfer over to medicine. This is extremely competitive though...........
It is technically possible. But almost never happens, anywhere.

My advice would be to take a gap year and reapply than to try something unrealistic like that
afhussain
Have you thought about doing clinical science at bradford or newcastle? The first year is exactly the same as medicine and if you achieve excellent marks in your exams and have a good interview and pass UKCATS you can tranfer over to medicine. This is extremely competitive though...........

I was told out of the 80 people on the course, not even 20 usually manage to get the marks for the medicine transfer (for which there happens to be 20 places). But yeah, it is competitive, they more insecure ones have been isolating people socially.
crazylemon
It is technically possible. But almost never happens, anywhere.

My advice would be to take a gap year and reapply than to try something unrealistic like that

Yeh a gap year is my plan if I get no offers, but I figured it was sensible to have a solid back up if I have a change of heart!
blonde-beth
Yeh a gap year is my plan if I get no offers, but I figured it was sensible to have a solid back up if I have a change of heart!

Thats fine.
Just don't expect to get onto a medicine course from it
Reply 15
have you thought about doing graduate entry medicine? I am applying to do pharmacy at brad and aston and physio at sheffield hallam and potentially going onto ge medicine after if I dont enjoy pharmacy. GEM is pretty competitive too but if you keep going for it with the right qualifications you should get in apparently. Yeh and for Clinical Science you apparently need something like 60+% to get in for 2nd year Med at Leeds; not even many proper Med students will hit that!
Reply 16
Newcastle has one I believe and Leeds (via Bradford Clin Sci). St George's biomed sci has a system whereby if you get a good enough grade in the first 2 years of the course, you can go into 3rd year of the MBBS
disisme
oo yee, i need to know to!!!
i know leicester does!
i hope UCL does though, beacause i really want to go there
=)

UCL don't.
crazylemon
Thats fine.
Just don't expect to get onto a medicine course from it

This.

Of course, some joker on here will know a brother's friends cousins uncles younger sister who got in this way.
digitalis
This.

Of course, some joker on here will know a brother's friends cousins uncles younger sister who got in this way.

Well some probably do but the chances of you being one of them is small

Latest

Trending

Trending