The Student Room Group

Dog chewed up my wallet 2 DAYS BEFORE UNI.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH MYYYYYYYYYY GOODDDDDDDD. WHY ME.

I leave the day after tomorrow to move in and enrol!!

I have no debit cards, no ID, no national insurance card, no cash, no rail card! Nothing! There goes freshers week!!! Don't really know how I'm going to claim my accommodation keys without ID either!

I'm just so... in shock that I haven't had the chance to get angry about it! TYPICAL. HAHAHAHA. This is hilarious.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What, it's all gone? Or just mangled?
If you have passport/birth cirtificate you should be able to claim keys on that. As for national insurance card, you can get that replaced easily.
Debit cards take a while to be replaced but the bank will let you withdraw money with a passport.
find a jigsaw fan, and some cellotape, and you're sorted.
Reply 4
Kill the dog.
Reply 5
mahaneap
Kill the dog.

:yep:
mollymustard
If you have passport/birth cirtificate you should be able to claim keys on that. As for national insurance card, you can get that replaced easily.
Debit cards take a while to be replaced but the bank will let you withdraw money with a passport.

I know I know, I phoned the bank for a replacement card and they said it would be posted within 5 -7 working days (and then my mum will have to post it to my uni address) so I'm looking at a good 10 days without it....

I can withdraw enough money to last me 10 days but I really don't want to be going out and enjoying freshers' week with a couple of hundred quid on me and a passport... its just a massive pain in my arse.

moreiniho
What, it's all gone? Or just mangled?

A mixture of both!
Sue the dog.
Reply 8
I don't know. Maybe take a photo of the destruction in case someone doesn't believe you.

Use your passport as I.D and you can still get money out of the bank. Also, if you've got some notes with the barcode thingy still slightly visible, AFAIK, you can switch them for normal notes.
Reply 9
Ouch.

Bloody dogs!
Reply 10
Yeah, the dog ate it... :P:
screenager2004
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH MYYYYYYYYYY GOODDDDDDDD. WHY ME.

I leave the day after tomorrow to move in and enrol!!

I have no debit cards, no ID, no national insurance card, no cash, no rail card! Nothing! There goes freshers week!!! Don't really know how I'm going to claim my accommodation keys without ID either!

I'm just so... in shock that I haven't had the chance to get angry about it! TYPICAL. HAHAHAHA. This is hilarious.

I like your optimism. :rolleyes:
Reply 12
Ahh i'm sorry, that's ruff. Why will you have to take hundreds of quid around with you though? Just take out what you're gonna need.
ouch

thats gotta hurt

pointless making suggestions as the above posters (some of them) have told you what you need to know

all i can say is hope its sorted out soon enough
Reply 14
get out your passport for ID and go to bank and withdraw some money, problem solved.
Reply 15
This is why I line my wallet with razor blades.
Reply 16
mahaneap
Kill the dog.

:yep:
screenager2004
I can withdraw enough money to last me 10 days but I really don't want to be going out and enjoying freshers' week with a couple of hundred quid on me and a passport... its just a massive pain in my arse.

why not just take enough for the night and leave the rest back at your place?

it's a major pain in the arse but at least it's sort-able.
death.drop
why not just take enough for the night and leave the rest back at your place?

it's a major pain in the arse but at least it's sort-able.

Ye. any other time I would be fine... its just WHY NOW?!
Reply 19
dogs are bitches.

Latest

Trending

Trending