The Student Room Group

In Love but don't know what to do.

At work there is a lass and ever since she has worked there with always been friendly/flirtly. Six months ago she split up with her husband and around the same time my dad was diagnose with lung cancer. We have grown quite close and done alot of things outside of work like nights out, BBQ's and going to the rugby. We talk nearly every NIGHT on Facebook aswell.The thing is she is 31 and i'm 21 and she has a 8 year old daugher. She has also said your like a little brother too me but then when we was both drunk she said if I was 10 years younger we'd have so much fun together at the same time she was stroaking my leg and giving me cuddles. Everytime talk to her I get a fuzzy feeling. I really don't know what to do, I don't want to lose her as a friend. I'm so confused.
Reply 1
TheCasual
At work there is a lass and ever since she has worked there with always been friendly/flirtly. Six months ago she split up with her husband and around the same time my dad was diagnose with lung cancer. We have grown quite close and done alot of things outside of work like nights out, BBQ's and going to the rugby. We talk nearly every night talk on Facebook aswell.The thing is she is 31 and i'm 21 and she has a 8 year old daugher. She has also siad your like a little brother too me but then when we was both drunk she said if I was 10 years younger we'd have so much fun together at the same time she was stroaking my leg and giving me cuddles. Everytime talk to her I get a fuzzy feeling. I really don't know what to do, I don't want to lose her as a friend. I'm so confused.

Nice you're from Hull, I'm from Cott :biggrin:. Er, you could try talking to her about it, although that's easier said than done. Hmm.
Reply 2
Sorry but knew it wouldn't work as soon as I read "At work...".
Here's what you do, if you like her tell her? i mean what are you really afraid of losing? your self-esteem maybe? yeah that's about it. It's not exactly gonna get weird if you say to her, "so, you wanna go out on a date?" considering you already technically have without it being official from you both. She's just worried about the age gap and that you just not "mature" enough for her. Age is a big thing for women, when they get older they feel a bit more conscious of that compared to guys. If you're serious, let her know you want a serious relationship, give her the hints and when the time is right, ask her out. By when the time is right i mean, she gives you a little signals too but give it time :smile:
Reply 4
boromir9111
Here's what you do, if you like her tell her? i mean what are you really afraid of losing? your self-esteem maybe? yeah that's about it. It's not exactly gonna get weird if you say to her, "so, you wanna go out on a date?" considering you already technically have without it being official from you both. She's just worried about the age gap and that you just not "mature" enough for her. Age is a big thing for women, when they get older they feel a bit more conscious of that compared to guys. If you're serious, let her know you want a serious relationship, give her the hints and when the time is right, ask her out. By when the time is right i mean, she gives you a little signals too but give it time :smile:

What are the signals? i'm hopeless at reading signals from girls. I'm afraid of losing her as a friend.
You're not afraid of losing her as a friend, you're afraid of it just being awkward if she says no. You won't lose her as a friend, only gets awkward if you let it. But back to the point, the signals are VERY small but after a while you realize them. It's different for everyone but for me i used to joke with this girl when we had a long convo and i said something like "i fancied you" and she said "really?" that's the signal there and then i continue to talk about how we were friends and can't go beyond that. It happens, you just need to pick the moments. :smile:
Reply 6
TheCasual
At work there is a lass and ever since she has worked there with always been friendly/flirtly. Six months ago she split up with her husband and around the same time my dad was diagnose with lung cancer. We have grown quite close and done alot of things outside of work like nights out, BBQ's and going to the rugby. We talk nearly every NIGHT on Facebook aswell.The thing is she is 31 and i'm 21 and she has a 8 year old daugher. She has also said your like a little brother too me but then when we was both drunk she said if I was 10 years younger we'd have so much fun together at the same time she was stroaking my leg and giving me cuddles. Everytime talk to her I get a fuzzy feeling. I really don't know what to do, I don't want to lose her as a friend. I'm so confused.

If you were 11? :lolwut:

Dude, it seems like you have a nice thing going together... I think it's maybe a little soon to look to advance things, given that six months since she split with her husband isn't that long a time... Why don't you let things continue as they are, and see if she shows more of the affection she has on occasion showed you? :smile:
Reply 7
Edenr

Dude, it seems like you have a nice thing going together... I think it's maybe a little soon to look to advance things, given that six months since she split with her husband isn't that long a time... Why don't you let things continue as they are, and see if she shows more of the affection she has on occasion showed you? :smile:

no, she said 'if I was ten years younger...' as in if she was 21 too.
Reply 8
Edenr

:laugh:
Reply 9
Hachi
no, she said 'if I was ten years younger...' as in if she was 21 too.

Yes, I get that, it's just that's not what it said... :p:
Reply 10
She has been hinting about wanting someone and a few months ago she also made a joke about wanting a toyboy. Am not sure if they mean anything
Oh it means you, trust me it's you. When the time is right, you'll know what to do. Glad to be of help.
Reply 12
Edenr
Yes, I get that, it's just that's not what it said... :p:

oh I don't get internet sarcasm :frown: or real sarcasm either actually.
Reply 13
Its probarly just best to let things continue as they are, we do have tons of fun when we do something together. She has also told we something that he hasn't that olny two other people know about.
Reply 14
ScrubZ
Sorry but knew it wouldn't work as soon as I read "At work...".

I agree
Just tell her, i've been with someone 25 years older than me! mind u it didn't last long
Reply 16
Well I guess I've got my annswer but without the the embaressment. She did one of these daft Facebook quiz's, Who will be your next lover and my name came up. She commented along side it and said hahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha............. love these acurate quiz's lmao !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel like someone has just stuck knife in my heart. I know i'm very upset but I don't know how the hell i'm going to stay friends. She'l probarly guess and i'll look like a complete prick. Its quite ironic because I did a simular quiz last week and her name came up but I didn't publish it because I didn't want to make these weird between us.
Reply 17
but she DID publish it so maybe she's hinting at something...?
Reply 18
core_stick
but she DID publish it so maybe she's hinting at something...?

Its obvious that she is been sarcastic. If i'm been honest to myself then i've never had a chance with her.

Latest

Trending

Trending