Do trolls have genders?

They have both genitalia, and bring them to use when necessary :yep:
Reply 23
O-Ren
Are you female or male?

Why is it important?

clue is in the name though ! :p:
Reply 24
Because they are so bad at reading people - Just have a read of most of H&R and see just how wrong girls get it with situations.
Reply 25
Somewhat like O-Ren (rightly) said: the same reason we at Software Engineering are 90% boys (men, if you like).

But now I know where all the girls are, mystery solved :p:
In my universit law and economic sciences are also full of girls, so I guess yes, it's because they're more socially inclined (does that mean we are socially disinclined? answer: yes :smile: )
Reply 26
Melissa0000
Lol explains the nurse courses being mainly women.

I just get annoyed by how smart they think they are.. especially as I just come out of 8 hours of physics, and they think they can do a tarot reading on me. Woopi.

What the hell has the study of pychology got to do with tarot reading? Surely you know that claiming to be "psychic" has nothing whatsoever to do with the academic subject of psychology. I have no intention of doing it at degree level, but I have done it for A level, and it consisted of evaluating the efficacy of scientific experiments that have been carried out, and learning about biological structures, such as hormonal pathways (eg. the hypothalamic-pituary-adrenal cortex pathway) and how they influence actions and states of mind, amongst other factors. The coursework relied on a very detailed knowledge of how to carry out controlled experiments and use mathematical models to assess their usefulness. Please do not confuse what I have described with mind-reading, as although psychology may not be described as a "pure" science, the study of the subject is very much based on scientific research.
Reply 27
Melissa0000
Lol explains the nurse courses being mainly women.

I just get annoyed by how smart they think they are.. especially as I just come out of 8 hours of physics, and they think they can do a tarot reading on me. Woopi.

What on earth does fortune telling have to do with psychology...?

Personally, I chose psychology because I'm interested in the mind, the brain and the connection between the two. After my degree, I intend to do a PhD in neuroscience and then do research to try and further scientific knowledge of the brain. In my opinion, the brain is the most fascinating thing anyone could hope to study. That's why I want to do it. Also, it overlaps with a lot of other subjects which appeals to me because I've always had pretty much the same ability in each subject and am interested in a lot of things.

I think a lot of girls do it because they're interested in people and behaviour.
Reply 28
rêveur
Somewhat like O-Ren (rightly) said: the same reason we at Software Engineering are 90% boys (men, if you like).

But now I know where all the girls are, mystery solved :p:
In my universit law and economic sciences are also full of girls, so I guess yes, it's because they're more socially inclined (does that mean we are socially disinclined? answer: yes :smile: )

Girls seem to make out law and psychology are as reputable as maths/ physics, which is annoying, as the latter takes much more prowess and brain power.

Girls should be mainly at uni to pull. And 'pretend' to be studying humanities (because they care).
Reply 29
Meliae
What on earth does fortune telling have to do with psychology...?

Personally, I chose psychology because I'm interested in the mind, the brain and the connection between the two. After my degree, I intend to do a PhD in neuroscience and then do research to try and further scientific knowledge of the brain. In my opinion, the brain is the most fascinating thing anyone could hope to study. That's why I want to do it. Also, it overlaps with a lot of other subjects which appeals to me because I've always had equal ability in everything academically and am interested in a lot of things.

I think a lot of girls do it because they're interested in people and behaviour.

And because they think they're great and they're not. You sound like all the 'forensic' psychology girls - you won't get anywhere or take the place of a guy who's genuinely interested in it.

You see a queue of girls and you know it's for a mickey mouse course.
Reply 30
wintersunset
any reasons other than society saying it's feminine?

holy floatingturd that sig is beastly
Reply 31
Melissa0000
And because they think they're great and they're not. You sound like all the 'forensic' psychology girls - you won't get anywhere or take the place of a guy who's genuinely interested in it.

You see a queue of girls and you know it's for a mickey mouse course.

Are you saying that I'm not genuinely interested in it or that I won't get anywhere because I'm female? If the latter, what does that mean for you, being female too?

And I'm sorry, I mistook this for an at least semi-serious thread.
Reply 32
Meliae
Are you saying that I'm not genuinely interested in it or that I won't get anywhere because I'm female? If the latter, what does that mean for you, being female too?

And I'm sorry, I mistook this for an at least semi-serious thread.

It means I study physics for my own pleasure and don't expect to be a top psychologist (deluded much, narcissism stinks) - you're probably trying to extend your pulling power past your years.

Yes, a man does deserve it more than you. In all seriousness, you should be at home doing what women do best (gossiping, reading your psychology in a perfectly decent 'cosmo' or love book).

What I am doesn't interfere with my opinions btw.
O-Ren
Are you female or male?

Exactly what I was thinking... :confused:
Reply 34
The media has portrayed psychology to be something that it's not. Most people who study psychology to degree level will understand that it is not "mickey-mouse". A lot of the information floating around in society about psychology is absolute, misinformed cods-wallop. A good degree in psychology from a well-respected uni also opens up a lot more career opportunities than many other subjects.
Reply 35
Female but do i need biased opinions because of that?
Reply 36
cue the hoard of female forensic psychology wannabe's with 'psychology is a science'

I'm guessin you would find it hard lol
Reply 37
Melissa0000
It means I study physics for my own pleasure and don't expect to be a top psychologist (deluded much, narcissism stinks) - you're probably trying to extend your pulling power past your years.

Yes, a man does deserve it more than you. In all seriousness, you should be at home doing what women do best (gossiping, reading your psychology in a perfectly decent 'cosmo' or love book).

What I am doesn't interfere with my opinions btw.

Where did I say I expected to be a top psychologist...? All I said was I intend to do a PhD. And how on earth does that relate to pulling power?! Why are you not at home gossiping and reading cosmo if that's all women are fit for?
Reply 38
meh everyone knows psychology is a mini-mouse a-level and degree Bahahaha! waste of time they could take a 1st grade A-level such as english, maths or a proper art course such as the respected english lit and philosophy which I take.
Reply 39
Rainbow-Dream
Exactly what I was thinking... :confused:

I think it's a male troll with a female username.

Latest

Trending

Trending