The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Security?

Hello there, I'm going to study at King's under the Erasmus Programm from September to March. I'm in order to apply for one of the King's residences or an intercollegiate hall.

I've read every accomodation thread but haven't found the answers to my following questions:

- is it right that in some intercollegiate halls or residences leaving of the hall is permitted after a certain time? (AI was told so) Is that only the case at the intercollegiate or as well at the others?
- are rules about guests really that strict in all residences? Am I allowed to have overnight guests without this "3 of 10 nights" in any hall? What about the rules at the other King's residences? There's no information in the KCL-site and it makes me a little bet worry, as in Austria, where I'm from, you haven't to sign in your guests in students' residences.
- If I apply for accomodation now - in case that I would find some private room in the meantime- can I cancel my arrangement and what are the cancelling rules for that?

Many thanks in advance!
Ive heard that the guest tricks arent that strict :smile:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
I used to live in SSA and I never signed in a guest, had friends staying with me for a couple of days and the security guards never said anything. You are not allowed to bring in a guest after 11 pm at night but I went downstairs to pick up my bf loads of times in the middle of the night and no-one cared. :smile:
Ditto - at SSA you can manage to get people in and stay without signing them in, but if there are any incidents and they investigate your apartment then they get a bit annoyed if you haven't been signing guests in (one of my flatmates had a little fire in the kitchen...).

The rules (if you follow them) are quite strict - there is a limit on number of 'guest nights' per term if I remember correctly, and I think it was something like you are only allowed 2 guests during daytime and 1 at night in SSA.
Reply 4
How about Gt Dover St? What are the conditions there for guests?
Reply 5
thank you so far! does anybody know about conditions at Brian Creamer House or the other King's residences, Gt Dover St?

I'm happy about any impressions about that rules, especially because they are a little new for me :smile:

As I am a "little" bit older than 18, I wonder which halls cover many postgraduates and mature students?
(I think International hall, but I can rank the other Intercollegiates as well as the King's Residences exept of Lillian Penson Hall in my application form.

*dropping a curtsy* :smile:
Reply 6
(The homepage of intercollegiate halls says "mainly undergraduate", my prospectus "undergraduate and postgraduates" what is right :smile:? )
You're too nice :p: :biggrin:
Reply 8
@thank you, feel free to explain that including many other compliments in a PM (just in case you're feeling boring *g*)

this board did already help me a lot, btw.
But I will try hard being not too nice in the future :smile:
no no it's good to be nice :p:

I wish I was nice :mad:
Reply 10
*lol*
but let's stick to the topic, guys :smile:
I think you have to ask matron.
andromedea
*lol*
but let's stick to the topic, guys :smile:

Oh, I'm a 'guy' now :confused:

sure...erm pretty secure :smile:
Reply 13
anish1411
How about Gt Dover St? What are the conditions there for guests?

you're supposed to sign in day guests and overnight guests...

don't do that. there's no point. the security guards don't know who the hell you are, just swipe them in with you.

Latest