The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
The Psychology department is oon the Hill in Durham, and some of the colleges are really close - most notably Grey, which is on it's doorstep, and Collingwood, Trevelyan, Van Mildert, St Aidans and St Marys are all also really close, on the Hill. Josephine Butler is also on the hill sliiiiightly further away, and it's self catered, unlike the others. The other colleges, other than St Hild and St Bede which is further out, are in the city centre pretty much, and with it being Durham that's still not very far away, and those colleges are older and tend to be more traditional - the Hill colleges are generally 60s-built (other than Marys which is slightly older, and Jo Butler which opened in 2006).

The price for a room is the same across the university, at around £4500/4600 for the year, and catered. It may be lower if you're self-catered, but I don't know how much. I'm not sure about other colleges, but at Trevelyan, where I'm going tomorrow (:biggrin:) in a single room you get a bed, desk, wardrobe and sink, and the bathroom's shared between 6 people. I'm guessing the rooms in other colleges have basically the same facilities - though St Aidans is famed for its mini fridges in each room!
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Sv3tl1
Hey :smile: I would like to ask how far away from the psychology school is the main campus? And what is the price for single room for a month and what does it include?

There isn't a main campus as Durham isn't a campus based university. It's a city based university with colleges, departments and lecture faculities located across the city and no real central "hub".

That said, the university is starting to develop around the science site (where the main library and new lecture theatres are not to mention a new student support services building and administration building in the next few years) and the university as a whole is moving in that direction (so closer to the Hill colleges like Mary's, Aidan's and Collingwood and further away from the older Bailey colleges like castle, Cuthbert's Society or John's). Nothing is very far away from Duham, it's all in walking distance (there are just a few hills!).

Latest