The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Smiz
Hello

I am in year 12, school have asked us to start thinking about uni etc. I really want to go to uni in London and obviously LSE is one of the best unis in London.

However, my mum really doesn't want me to apply there, she doesn't think I'm good enough to get in. I realise how tough LSE is to get into, but how bad are they for GCSEs? I wouldn't get in for Economics with my GCSEs, are the requirements similar across the board?

I doubt it. Economics has higher entry requirements in general across the country it seems especially at LSE as its their flagship course.

For management or similar I think although they will look at GCSE's. A-Levels will be far more important, so unless you have AWFUL GCSE's then just get decent grades at A-Level and you have a decent chance. That said LSE is pretty hard to get into anyway but you might as well try. :biggrin:
Reply 2
As long as in ur GCSEs you have between 1 and 11a* they won't mark you down for your gcses.
Reply 3
No courses like management/management sciences doesn't require you to have a lot of A*s
Reply 4
naddles
No courses like management/management sciences doesn't require you to have a lot of A*s

Or correct grammar by the look of it :rolleyes:
Reply 5
paella
Or correct grammar by the look of it :rolleyes:

Couldn't careless about correct grammar on tsr, this isn't an exam/essay
Reply 6
naddles

Couldn't careless about correct grammar on tsr, this isn't an exam/essay

Then why reply?
Reply 7
paella
Then why reply?