The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Awesome, must be great to be them. I guess thats capitalism for you - and for all the arrogant ********* saying 'omg it's soooo unfair that hardworkers don't get that much' - get a ******* life, they are in demand, you are not. Deal with it. You are not remotely special. Lots of people can do what you can do. Sad? - **** off.
I laugh how people think footballers get paid alot...even Ronaldo's salary pales in insignificance when compared to the the salaries of F1 drivers. Ferrari's Kimi Raikkonen is ranked to be one of the highest paid sports athletes in the world by Forbes, earning £1million a week...and that's just the central contract - F1 drivers make money on top of that from endorsement deals.

Tiger Woods earns £2million a week so yeah footballers don't really get paid all that much compared to other sports. I'd love to be earning in excess of £100k a year though, that'd be sweet :cool:
Cj-Tj
says the man whos never had either?

Trust me, having had both at different times, I know which one I would rather have.

I agree. I've got a pretty nifty inheritance from lots of deceased relatives and friends, and I have to say that it's brought me nothing but worries, regrets and misery so far - I've decided to lock it all away in 3-year fixed term bonds so that it'll be there for me after university.

Ever since getting this inheritance, my life ambition changed from becoming a fancy city lawyer to a family man with a comfortable job. Seriously - money is not happiness, and you don't know that until you've got it.
theronkinator
I'd only want it if I didn't have to have that horrible car.

What car do you like?
x.Crystal.x
Im sorry but that money is just wasteful. Football was much better in the 60's. Better players, better wages, and footballers were not nancy boys like they are now. Oww, you kicked my leg, OOOWWWW MEDIC MEDIC HELP ME IM DYING

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNoIsjb5c54

oh yeah sure.. medic medic i'm dying. Whatever.
Playboy King
I laugh how people think footballers get paid alot...even Ronaldo's salary pales in insignificance when compared to the the salaries of F1 drivers. Ferrari's Kimi Raikkonen is ranked to be one of the highest paid sports athletes in the world by Forbes, earning £1million a week...and that's just the central contract - F1 drivers make money on top of that from endorsement deals.

Tiger Woods earns £2million a week so yeah footballers don't really get paid all that much compared to other sports. I'd love to be earning in excess of £100k a year though, that'd be sweet :cool:

I think F1 is totally different, because its a dangerous sport which could lead to death, plus how many F1 drivers do you get? Not many, and the cars they drive are very expensive in terms of design and maintenance, so its totally a different league, but I still think they are overpaid too
good sportsmen get paid that money simply because of economics and supply and demand, VERY few of us can become F1 drivers or premiership footballers but any of us can work hard and graft for a living and feel hard done by because these people get paid copious amounts of money for doing very little and/or something that they actually enjoy doing for a living
Reply 27
Advanced Subsidiary
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNoIsjb5c54

oh yeah sure.. medic medic i'm dying. Whatever.

Well, yeah. You'll always get examples at both ends of the spectrum. You get much much more of this;

Than like what you posted.

Real men play rugby.
Cj-Tj
Well, yeah. You'll always get examples at both ends of the spectrum. You get much much more of this;

Than like what you posted.

Real men play rugby.

That's drogba though. Him and Ronaldo were born to do that. Real Men play rubgy? Yeah men that poke the eyes out of the opposing team. Was horrible when I saw it on Sky Sports News.
Reply 29
Cj-Tj
Real men play rugby.

Just to use Chev Walker as an example.

He broke his leg recently in a Rugby League game. He seemed more distraught about not being able to play in the play-offs than about the pain of his broken leg. He wasn't writhing around or anything like that, just had his hands on his head because he knew he was going to be missing out.
Reply 30
lets kill them all :mob:
Reply 31
Yeah the cause is supply and demand but still I think that one of the many flaw in the system.....
Aphotic Cosmos
Football is a triviality of no consequence to the human condition, and it does anger me that actors, actresses, models, musicians, sports stars etc. earn stupid amounts of money for things that, in the grand scheme of things, matter not a jot, whereas dedicated academics, teachers, firefighters, doctors, nurses, social workers, police officers, etc. would be lucky to ever reach a point in their lives where earning that amount of money is feasible. It's just plain wrong.

Sport should be done for fun, not for money.

Think about all the tax the pay to the public services you left-wing berks seem to worship. Stop being jealous, it doesn't affect you negatively in any way at all.
It's easier to become a prostitute if you're a really hot looking girl. Some make 15k an hour.
bigman_ben
good sportsmen get paid that money simply because of economics and supply and demand, VERY few of us can become F1 drivers or premiership footballers but any of us can work hard and graft for a living and feel hard done by because these people get paid copious amounts of money for doing very little and/or something that they actually enjoy doing for a living

Do you know how much dedication it takes to becomes an F1 driver. I think Lewis hamilton started when he was 10 or something. and the costs too, it's unbelievable.

Saying that footballers are chavs and would be earning less if it weren't for those arabs with all that oil and stuff :smile:. Also, i think basketballers earned s*** loads when he played for LA Lakers. God i hate American sports!!!!!!!!!!!
oh yes that amount of money :coma:

shame im not getting it :sad:
Reply 36
Phugoid
HappinessHappyness \text{Happiness} \neq \text{Happyness}

Why are all the PS helpers entirely illiterate? It's a trend I've noticed, and damn it, it just doesn't make any sense.

Hahahaha remind me to pos rep you when I can
Reply 37
If you dont like it dont watch it.

Then demand will go down, people follow football way too religiously in this country.
Aphotic Cosmos
Football is a triviality of no consequence to the human condition, and it does anger me that actors, actresses, models, musicians, sports stars etc. earn stupid amounts of money for things that, in the grand scheme of things, matter not a jot, whereas dedicated academics, teachers, firefighters, doctors, nurses, social workers, police officers, etc. would be lucky to ever reach a point in their lives where earning that amount of money is feasible. It's just plain wrong.

Sport should be done for fun, not for money.

This argument annoys me. Its simple economics. Adebayor gets paid £170,000 a week because they can afford to pay him that and his goals might just win them their money back.
Reply 39
I think its ridiculous they get that much!

Theres some people who wont earn that in a lifetime yet they get it every week!!

Latest

Trending

Trending