The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Mask Of Sanity
I'd rather not include comparisons purely because there'll always be someone who's better, in this case has higher marks.
:poke:
Lookatchu, being all modest. :laugh:

Aww.:smile:
GCSE: A*

AS: Very high A

A2: I would hope to be predicted an A*, but dunno what my school's policy is on that

The jump isn't too bad at all really. Required hardly any work compared to my other subjects.
Reply 22
Mask Of Sanity

Lookatchu, being all modest. :laugh:

:wink:
Reply 23
1. C
2. Did a foundation year, in as term got 50% ._.
3. last term was A level, i finally got my act together, got 67%. Equals to B/A.
4. It's like climbing a mountain. But if you put the work in and if you have any problems asking will help. you shouldn't have to struggle while going through it.
Reply 24
A* gcse
D AS level
C A2 predicted

the step up is huge GCSE is nothing compared to A level. At A level you will struggle no matter how good you are. My advice is dont take it unless you ar very confident. It involves a lot more than your basic GCSE HCF and LCF. it is known to be one of the hardest A levels available along with physics.:woo:
Reply 25
imhiya
1. C
2. Did a foundation year, in as term got 50% ._.
3. last term was A level, i finally got my act together, got 67%. Equals to B/A.
4. It's like climbing a mountain. But if you put the work in and if you have any problems asking will help. you shouldn't have to struggle while going through it.

Really good advice there :smile:
Reply 26
GCSE: A
AS-Level: A
A2: Predicted an A
Difference: HUGE, I think I underestimated it myself at the start. More work went into Maths than Chemistry Physics or DT for me.
1. GCSE = A* (95%)
2. AS Level = B (~76%)
3. A level prediction = A
4. Quite a lot.
Reply 28
Shehz94
Hello,:smile:

I am considering to take an a level in maths. I am curious to know other people's experience with this, so it would be much appreciated if these questions were answered (in this format):

1. GCSE result
2.AS level maths result
3. A level maths results
4. How large you found the difference between GCSE and A level maths

Thanks in advance to everyone who replies! :smile:

1. A* (100% :biggrin:)
2. /
3. /
4. Not a lot so far

I guess this was aimed more at people who have finished the a level..
A friend of mine though defied the odds abit

1. gcse = B
2. AS level = A
3. A level prediction A* (he's doing further maths AS in his spare time)

He's applying to oxford for Maths and Computer science....
Reply 30
1.A
2.A (99%)
3.Predicted A* and A in F.maths

didn't work at GCSE then decided okay i'd better work at A-Level, no difference just keep on putting in work and you'll achieve
Mask Of Sanity
:poke:

Well put. :cool:
1.)A
2.)A
3.)A(*)
4.) Finding A2 hard :frown:.
blueJ-
1.A
2.A (99%)
3.Predicted A* and A in F.maths

didn't work at GCSE then decided okay i'd better work at A-Level, no difference just keep on putting in work and you'll achieve

Oh yeah, that's a point, OP: are you interested in further maths too?
Reply 34
A
dunno
no idea
its haarrddd but if youre good at maths and stay on top of it you shouldnt worry
Reply 35
1. GCSE result - A*A*
2. AS level maths result: A
3. A level maths results: A* (+ predicted A in further maths :emo:)
4. How large you found the difference between GCSE and A level maths: Massive step up :yes:, I didn't work at all for the GCSE maths exams and did alright, but for my AS/A2 exams that i've done so far I have had to work **** loads. especially for the mechanics and stats modules.

:top:
A/L maths is harder than GCSE maths!
GCSE: A
A/S: B
A-level: predicted B

it's very hard, but with any subject you do, the more work you put in it, the more you get out of it
Sageevan
A/L maths is harder than GCSE maths!

Wow, no ****.
Reply 39
becca-x
1. A* (100% :biggrin:)

Wow, how did you manage that?:smile:

Latest